PDA

View Full Version : First time here...wont be the last, for sure

northern-tech
18-05-2006, 01:14 PM
Hi everyone. Just stumbled onto the site, and very impressed by the technical knowledge here. Im sure it will be a learning experience. Cheers!!

US Iceman
18-05-2006, 01:46 PM
Welcome to the RE site. Please tell us a little about yourself and what type of work you do.

Abe
18-05-2006, 08:25 PM
Welcome to our member from Canada.......

northern-tech
23-05-2006, 05:49 AM
Thank you guys. Im relatively a beginner, as compared to most of the individuals on here. I work fulltime as an electrician at a sawmill, and also have a small electrical business on the side. As well, I do warranty / non - warranty work on most appliances for Sears, Inglis, etc. Actually that is how I got most of my training, was through correspondence that Sears sent me. I purchased the tools, and worked towards my appliance service technician ticket, which I now have. This allows me to work on most small systems, domestic fridges, etc. Up here, in Northern Ontario, service people are usually from 3 - 4 hrs away, so its a definite service for the community. If I get stuck on a call, I will call my buddy in Sault Ste Marie for advice, or now, as an option, I can actually post it here. Its certainly a learning curve, but an enjoyable one at that.:)