PDA

View Full Version : This should be easy for you experts.....

120dom
24-04-2017, 10:56 PM
Hi all, I'm sure there must be a quick answer to this ( I hope)...
I'm not a fridge engineer !
The company has just expanded its fleet in to cold food. I moved the drivers seat forward on a newly acquired ex Sainsburys delivery van (Sprinter) and as I did so the cooler just stopped (engine was running)- Had a look and it had just knocked a fuse out of its holder for the fridge electrics. Reached down, found and put fuse back in - nothing. The model is Carrier Neos 100. If it helps the fuse went to a red wire and isn't blown (7.5 amp is what fell out). There are other fuses there too, none are blown, no wires look like they have been pulled. Is there some kind of reset required, fuse falling out is just the same a fuse blowing surely. What might I have messed up ? ( other than my job)
Thanks guys

cadwaladr
24-04-2017, 11:15 PM
Have you turned the controller off and on to see if it starts,the engine has to be running no disrespect but just stating the obvious,you may need an electrical tester to find out if there is power at that fuse you disturbed.

120dom
25-04-2017, 07:41 AM
Hi, thanks for the reply, yes I did test for power at all the fuses I could see (on both sides) , they're ok and did try the controller too. Have had the engine running. Do continue to state the obvious though because it must be something that simple I hope. That's why I wondered if there was a reset button or similar.
Thanks again

cadwaladr
25-04-2017, 04:32 PM
Sounds to me that you have lost the supply from the ignitions circuit you maybe able to see extra wiring that does not suit the makers

120dom
03-05-2017, 01:22 PM
Well I have traced wires now all the way up to the box above the cab. There is a thin red wire which is live all the time, a white wire that is live once the engine is running and a really thick wire coming from the battery (live all the time). There is a 25 amp fuse on a circuit board thing under a.metal cover which is ok and has power. The controller doesn't light up at all does that have a reset button? I even tried disconnecting the battery - clutching at straws but still nothing. Surely knocking a fuse out shouldn't mess is up like this?
Thanks again

cadwaladr
03-05-2017, 01:50 PM
Sounds like you have blown the internal fuse inside the micro,not met a neos but the xarios has a micro as I said not sure if a neos has a micro.

cadwaladr
03-05-2017, 03:14 PM
Where in the UK are you

120dom
03-05-2017, 05:01 PM

This is in the roof section with metalbox cover removed

I've circled bits on the attachment

Yellow is 25amp fuse and has power
Red has continuity but no power
Green is main red cable in and has power
The thin red and white connectors are behind this metal box

Is this the bit you're on about ?
Van is based in Hemel Hempstead

cadwaladr
03-05-2017, 06:24 PM
Any pictures of the controller,I don't think that unit has a micro,

niceman
03-05-2017, 06:25 PM
Is the controller 12volt, do you have 12 volt at the terminals feeding into the controller? If not and testing to earth you have live at both terminals you may have lost your earth connection, hence you got live at fuses etc but nothing works. Maybe you have pulled the box containing the fuses and if not secure to vehicle none or very poor earth.

cadwaladr
03-05-2017, 06:40 PM
If its the controller I am thinking about, at the reverse side of it there is a small hole if you get a stretched out paper clip and insert it I think there is a reset switch,although you can separate the controller to get access but try the noaper clip first

120dom
03-05-2017, 07:01 PM
ok thanks guys will try everything.....

120dom
04-05-2017, 11:20 PM

ok these are pics of controller, reset hole is there but nothing to hit and earths all good - any other ideas? Thanks again

120dom
04-05-2017, 11:24 PM

This is under the drivers seat - where all the problems began !

cadwaladr
04-05-2017, 11:43 PM
One of my friends abroad reckons this unit has a micro upstairs,I don't know for sure but the micro if it has one looks like an ecu,what's under that sticker on the control unit?,a larger model that carried make has a fuse inside the micro,the micro that's if it has one can be opened by undoing the screws which have torx heads on them,I am in the north of England so too far to be of any physical help I take it all those fuses in the last post have power going through them and there are no switches on the cargo area doors?

120dom
05-05-2017, 09:37 AM
Hi thanks for the reply. there's just circuit board under that yellow sticker. I googled what a mirco looks like last time you mentioned it but the only electronics in the roof above the cab are the one's in that picture (except the bits connected to the pipe work) The fuses under the seat were the first thing I tried for power etc. because that's all I did was move the seat forward and knock a fuse out. It used to run with the back doors open so I assume no switches there. Is the fact that it was running when I moved the seat forward at all relevant ? Thanks

cadwaladr
05-05-2017, 04:32 PM
What's under that sticker on the cab control ?

120dom
05-05-2017, 10:33 PM
Just circuit board

cadwaladr
06-05-2017, 01:09 AM
I am stumped,tried to find a wiring diagram no luck,pity we are miles apart

120dom
08-05-2017, 09:15 PM
ok, thanks for your input. Just out of interest, on the pipes it's got what look like my cars air con pressure sensors (don't know if that's what they are). If one of them failed would that stop it working (like my cars did) I'm just starting to wonder if it was coincidence that it stopped when the fuse fell out - like I've said that shouldn't have caused it to stop working completely should it?

cadwaladr
08-05-2017, 11:32 PM
It should not affect the display to the best of my knowledge,but if the gas has gone the easy way to tell is take the cover off one of the valves and depress the Schrader valve with a thin screwdriver but don't be heavy handed if it has got gas then you will have pressure.

cadwaladr
08-05-2017, 11:39 PM
Sorry just read your last post again,there should be access points somewhere with plastic caps on them like car ac those are what I am referring to,on another point has the cable between cab control and roof control panel lost connection not sure how it connects upstairs but if it's a similar plug to the cab control you could pick one up from maplins electronics shop to get that out of the equation

cadwaladr
08-05-2017, 11:46 PM
This problem you have is something I want to help you sort out I never like to give in,on the picture of the control panel you posted I think the micro is the item with the electronics in the left corner and it will be where the plug/cable plugs into from the in cab unit there maybe a fuse incorporated on it,it does not look like a fuse ,post your mobile either on here or as a private message to me and I will send you a photo of what it looks like.

cadwaladr
08-05-2017, 11:51 PM
The fuse looks like the blue item that's visible on you picture but smaller and will be coloured black or red,it pulls out and again available at electronic shops.

Ian_Eb
09-05-2017, 12:12 PM
Does this match up with the unit?

http://www.foilpoint.ee/docs/files/_16op2qdhh64rjeb9g68g4qjp0b10l4iafacg549ij41imspo_.pdf

cadwaladr
09-05-2017, 06:17 PM
No that's for a xarios ,neos is completely different

120dom
10-05-2017, 10:11 AM
ok thanks again. I will climb up and have a look - have emailed you.

120dom
12-05-2017, 10:21 PM
Can't find anything - I have disconnected the wires and taken a picture, if you can see any fuses (other than the 25amp) please let me know - Thanks once again. Picture attached.

cadwaladr
12-05-2017, 11:19 PM
No can not see any fuses, I will try to see if I have an in cab around that I can send to you to try