PDA

View Full Version : R744 co2 leak testing

Swaf.B.
12-04-2017, 10:48 AM
Hi im new to refrigiration and i find co2 leak testing very frustrating. I got co2 leak detector but its so sensitive even on the low setings that Im never 100% sure did i got a leak or not. Is any one have any good tips on r744 leak testing?

Rob White
12-04-2017, 01:07 PM

I think leak detectors (electronic ones) need to be trusted.
Unless you can trust it you will find leaks standing in the car park :D .

Use the detector to narrow the leak down to an area, then use your other sensors,
touchy - feely and use a leak detect spray.

The thing with it is not to look for the big leaks, they are easy, you need to find all
the small leaks that add up. Don't just rush past a suspected part, touch it, hold it
and listen.

Ultimately you do need to prove your electronic is working, have it calibrated.

Rob

Josip
12-04-2017, 03:27 PM
Hi,

Maybe I am an old fashion man, but I do not see any problem using special sprays to detect leaks or just soapy water within spraying bottle ...

... the most important I learned about leak check is ... you need to be focused to your job and perform it slowly and carefully ... as Rob White suggested above ....

at the end you can use electronic device for very small leaks, but tester must be calibrated otherwise ....

Best regards, Josip

redroge
12-04-2017, 04:33 PM
Electronics are ok to find the general area but can't beat soapy suds in the end to find the leak

josef
12-04-2017, 05:11 PM
Hi,
I solve the same problem and I can not find a leak when the CO2 content is 4 tons, 300 m pipe, large spaces and inaccessible. Bubbles through the ice and isolate find-regret.:mad:
Josef.

cricri
22-05-2017, 06:37 PM
Hi,
you can find subcontractors who are abble to find air leaks with ultrasonic leak detectors.
http://www.uesystems.eu/applications/leak-detection/
it seems that it works also for CO2