PDA

View Full Version : Screaming Compressor - High internal pressure? Approx repair costs?

sosolid4u09
05-04-2017, 09:55 PM
Hi,

My compressor is making an incredibly loud screaming noise. I read online this can be due to Dangerously high internal pressure.

1. Could it be something else? i.e. would a leak cause this noise?
2. Is there a way I can diagnose what the problem is myself?
3. If it is excessive pressure, what is the rough cost to repair? Ballpark figure?

Thanks

Update:: Interestingly, i ran it for several hours the last few days and there was no noise whatsoever. Worked perfectly. Then just now i tried it and its screaming again

NH3LVR
05-04-2017, 10:29 PM
What is the make and model of the compressor and what kind of equipment is it in?

monkey spanners
05-04-2017, 10:52 PM
Could be anywhere from a few hundred £££ to tens of thousands depending on the size and type of system.
Its like saying my engine won't work, could be in a lawn mower or an ocean going container ship...

Josip
06-04-2017, 07:42 AM
Hi, sosolid4u09 :)

Hi,

My compressor is making an incredibly loud screaming noise. I read online this can be due to Dangerously high internal pressure.

1. Could it be something else? i.e. would a leak cause this noise?
2. Is there a way I can diagnose what the problem is myself?
3. If it is excessive pressure, what is the rough cost to repair? Ballpark figure?

Thanks

Probably you have screw compressor with liquid in the suction ... liquid is not compressible as gas and cannot reduce the volume thus you have a very high pressure ... and your compressor is screaming for help ... actually your compressor is flooded with liquid refrigerant ...

running it with condition you described, you will need to repair or to replace compressor soon ...

Best regards,

sosolid4u09
09-04-2017, 01:07 AM
What is the make and model of the compressor and what kind of equipment is it in?

Its the eiq 12WMINVQC.

sosolid4u09
09-04-2017, 01:08 AM
Could be anywhere from a few hundred £££ to tens of thousands depending on the size and type of system.
Its like saying my engine won't work, could be in a lawn mower or an ocean going container ship...

Its a domestic 12000btu system for an out building. Eiq 12WMINVQC.

Interestingly, i ran it for several hours the last few days and there was no noise whatsoever. Worked perfectly. Then just now i tried it and its screaming again......

sosolid4u09
09-04-2017, 01:09 AM
Hi, sosolid4u09 :)

Probably you have screw compressor with liquid in the suction ... liquid is not compressible as gas and cannot reduce the volume thus you have a very high pressure ... and your compressor is screaming for help ... actually your compressor is flooded with liquid refrigerant ...

running it with condition you described, you will need to repair or to replace compressor soon ...

Best regards,
Thanks for the response.

Its an eiq 12 wminvqc. Interestingly, i ran it for several hours the last few days and there was no noise whatsoever. Worked perfectly. Then just now i tried it and its screaming again

monkey spanners
09-04-2017, 02:55 PM
Check the outdoor fan is running (faulty fan could cause the internal pressure valve to open in the compressor), also try running in heating then cooling (reversing valve stuck in middle position could again cause compressor internal pressure valve to open)