PDA

View Full Version : Carrier Genesis R90

WZM00
31-03-2017, 11:42 PM
Hello!!

I'm in troubles with the evaporator blowers, they can't run, so I need the wiring diagram please!!

waddy21@gmail.com

Thanks people

cadwaladr
01-04-2017, 12:50 AM
Does this unit have a generator fitted if so then it's not working ,there are ways and means to fix it,I need more info?

cadwaladr
01-04-2017, 02:30 PM
Try plugging the unit into a 3 phase supply and running it,then try it again on engine

WZM00
04-04-2017, 02:48 PM
Yes, the electric motor is a generator too for the 220v evaporator blowers, but it only generates 20v, so they didn't work. I check the capacitors even they change for new ones and still the same. The electric motor was sended to a check too, and it's all OK.
I don't know what more I can do.
I'm from Costa Rica, and here there's no plug anywhere to run with electricity.
Basically, the problem is the electric motor don't generate the 220v needed
Thanks for your answer. I appreciate it

IRMechanik
05-04-2017, 04:57 AM
Yes, the electric motor is a generator too for the 220v evaporator blowers, but it only generates 20v, so they didn't work. I check the capacitors even they change for new ones and still the same. The electric motor was sended to a check too, and it's all OK.
I don't know what more I can do.
I'm from Costa Rica, and here there's no plug anywhere to run with electricity.
Basically, the problem is the electric motor don't generate the 220v needed
Thanks for your answer. I appreciate it

Make sure there is no load on the system at startup (ie. stuck heater contactor or fan relay)
Make sure your engine RPM correct, if the standby motor is being used a a generator it should be locked into high speed and make sure your belts are not slipping.
If all this is ok and the capacitors and wiring are ok the motor has probably lost it's residual magnetism. The flash circuit should reintroduce this by putting a slight dc current though the motor but it's pretty weak and if the motors completely lost it's magnetism it doesn't always work. The flash relay is the black relay on the top left corner of the control box door. It puts 12 thought a large shunt resistor (usually gold) and the motor. You'll see a slight voltage spike on your meter across the motor windings just before startup. Just after the engine starts, shut the unit down and restart it. Do this a couple of times, every time you should see the voltage climb a little higher. Keep doing this, once the voltage gets to about 50 vac it should take off and start to charge.

Grizzly
05-04-2017, 06:43 AM
impressive advise IRMechanik.
Rep point awarded.