PDA

View Full Version : Thermoking

ddocwra
15-05-2006, 11:39 PM
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone any information on charging & gauge testing a Thermoking MB11MAX unit running on R403b Gas, Also to access gauge readings do you have to crack open test points:confused: ?.

Thanks Dave.

Reeferjon
16-05-2006, 09:40 AM
For R403B the plate should state 3kg.
The ports do have sheiders (spelling oops)...but you will need to crack the service valves.

What seems to be the problem.
:p

ddocwra
16-05-2006, 05:13 PM
Hi Reeferjon,

I am the problem,why do I let myself be easily led, I have let a customer talk me into looking after his three fridge lorries after I serviced his car air conditioning (which is my forte). I carry out his service & repair work to his vehicle's so I suppose it makes sense to learn about his fridges the best I can,and I suppose it may lead me to add an extra service to my customers. My main question is about the service points as this is new to me that you have to release the seats to get a reading & I was looking for a guide on low & high pressure readings.

Thanks Dave.

Thermoking.kong
02-11-2007, 02:04 AM
Hi man thermoking here
i presume you ment a Md 2 with 403b which has to be quite old
the service valves have to be cracked open
the suction pressure and head pressure depend on ambient and load

but a good guideis about 18psi suction gauge at oc box temp and about 180/200 psi discharge

thermo prince
02-11-2007, 04:08 AM
welcome on board thermoking.kong!

Guys, just to re-iterate an important point, without bias.

Like any o.e.m, I expect TK would like to ensure that within the warranty period at least, only authorized sales & service dealers globally service the equipment. This would hold true also for other commercial HVACR brands, Toyota auto, Caterpillar equip,Canon camera etc etc.

Outside of warranty, yes the customer has freewill to decide and let the best man win! As tkingkong says, freelance agents or customer techs should try to work with local TK agent insofar as possible.

Aside from ensuring the customer has a perfect working machine, we all should be concerned about the safety aspect of inexperienced ( eg commercial or non - transport) techs working on any transport equip for first time - many of those self powered diesel truck and trailer units of today with "cycle sentry " or Smart Reefer can auto-start at any time based on several demand parameters. You really dont want to have your hands in the wrong place when they start up!

Transport technician is like a diesel fitter ; a sparky ; a plumber and refrig tech rolled into 1. I am not saying it's more advanced than commercial or residential field but it's sure different.

kg4yub
11-11-2007, 03:29 AM
welcome on board thermoking.kong!

Guys, just to re-iterate an important point, without bias.

Like any o.e.m, I expect TK would like to ensure that within the warranty period at least, only authorized sales & service dealers globally service the equipment. This would hold true also for other commercial HVACR brands, Toyota auto, Caterpillar equip,Canon camera etc etc.

Outside of warranty, yes the customer has freewill to decide and let the best man win! As tkingkong says, freelance agents or customer techs should try to work with local TK agent insofar as possible.

Aside from ensuring the customer has a perfect working machine, we all should be concerned about the safety aspect of inexperienced ( eg commercial or non - transport) techs working on any transport equip for first time - many of those self powered diesel truck and trailer units of today with "cycle sentry " or Smart Reefer can auto-start at any time based on several demand parameters. You really dont want to have your hands in the wrong place when they start up!

Transport technician is like a diesel fitter ; a sparky ; a plumber and refrig tech rolled into 1. I am not saying it's more advanced than commercial or residential field but it's sure different.
all i can add is why did the tech prior to me mash lines shut & whittle small sticks to keep contactor closed?

Latte
11-11-2007, 04:32 AM
Hello Dave,

Nice to see another Docwra on the message boards, are you by any chance from Yarmouth.
Main thing to check with these is the head pressure, especially during the summer months. The condensers tend to get full up with flys and when the units are left running outside in the sun the HP goes through the roof and trips. Just give the condenser a good wash out when you look at it

Regards

Raymond

Brian_UK
12-11-2007, 02:01 AM
....and no one noticed that he asked his question in May 2006 :) ;)

REEFER-TEK
25-11-2007, 07:35 PM
I know it was posted in spring of 2006 but hey i still want to put my two cents worth in.

See next quote

REEFER-TEK
25-11-2007, 07:38 PM
I agree with prince on safety first. These units should be service by qualified and trained service technicians. However if you are 3rd party and are familiar with there capabilitys of auot start stop and follow the service procedures, im all for helping in advise.

I do have publictaed normal operating pressure for tk units.

Perhaps i will leave an example of one here now

Normal Discharge Pressure Example
Refrigerant type R-404A

Ambient air temperature entering condenser coil 90 F

Discharge pressure from gauge manifold 305 psig

Ambient temperature + 30 F = estimated condenser temperature 90 + 30 = 120 F

Use P/T chart to convert condenser temperature to pressure 310 psig

Compare estimated pressure to gauge pressure 305/310 Same

Condenser coil temperature runs about 30 F hotter than ambient air or ambient air runs 30 F cooler than the condenser coil to promote rapid heat exchange.

Normal Suction Pressure Example
Refrigerant type R-404A

Return air temperature (box) 20 F

Suction pressure from gauge manifold 40 psig

Box temperature - 15 F = estimated evaporator temperature 20 - 15 = 5 F

Use P/T chart to convert evaporator temperature to pressure 38 psig

Compare estimated pressure to gauge pressure 40/38 close

Evaporator coil temperature runs about 15 F colder than return air or return air runs 15 F warmer than the evaporator coil to promote rapid heat exchange.

I hope this was of help.

Regards R-T

rkmoorthy
11-09-2010, 11:51 AM
thanks for ur kind informations