PDA

View Full Version : 502 Bad Gateway

NH3LVR
25-02-2017, 07:46 PM
For the past couple of day I have been getting a 502 Bad Gateway-nginx error while reading some posts. Not all, but some. One example is the new post "Cellar cooler help".
I am using Chrome.
It does work if I use Internet Explorer, although do not like to use it.
Is anyone else having an issue?
Or does anyone have a suggestion to remedy the problem.
I Googled the issue, but it seems strange that it only happens when opening some posts.

WebRam
08-03-2017, 09:33 PM
not had any other reports and it should be fine in all browsers!

NH3LVR
08-03-2017, 10:06 PM
I should have reposted about this.
It went on for a couple of days and then cured itself.
I have no idea why.

FaultCode
28-05-2017, 10:46 PM
I'm getting quite a few 502s from Chrome on an Android tablet. Reloading the site gets me through it,

NH3LVR
29-05-2017, 05:56 PM
My issue came back after awhile. Not wanting to spend a lot of time searching for a cause I simply open it in a Chrome Incognito window.
Works fine that way.

FaultCode
29-05-2017, 08:14 PM
Ah, I might try that, thanks.

install monkey
29-05-2017, 09:22 PM
im getting it on chrome when i go to reply:(
even in incognito it wont let me post- seems to be when i post a link

FaultCode
29-05-2017, 10:49 PM
im getting it on chrome when i go to reply:(
even in incognito it wont let me post- seems to be when i post a linkExactly what I am suffering with.

FaultCode
29-05-2017, 11:03 PM
Had success posting a link by shortening it using Bitly.com

Tycho
19-06-2017, 05:53 PM
I've been getting the same thing as NH3LVR, but in firefox.

For me it started months ago.

I'm able to get to the front page, but when I enter my username and password, it stalls for around 5 seconds, then I get a message saying "The page isn’t redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.".

I have tried clearing the cookies for RE but get the same thing.

On the bottom left in firefox, I can see the URL's that are being contacted and it quickly flashes "Connecting to facebook.com" then it alternates between "waiting for www.refrigeration-engineer.com" and "waiting for facebook.com" this goes on for five seconds and then the "The page isn’t redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete." message shows on screen.

My solution is the same as NH3LVR, to use a private tab

*EDIT*

Oh and after it fails the first time, if I try to go back to the front page, it won't work

Tycho
19-06-2017, 06:21 PM
Ok, so I did some testing...

First I deleted my cookies from RE, no change.

Then, seeing as how RE is also querying www.facebook.com, I went and deleted my cookies for facebook.

Now, When i click on my shortcut which is directed to http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/index.php
it takes me to the facebook log in page, not to RE.

So I went back, and again deleted the cookies for RE and FB.

and instead of clicking my short cut that takes me to http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/index.php, I manually typed in http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/

And this time it took me to RE and allowed me to log in without any problems.

after shutting down the browser a few times, and going to facebook and RE back and forth, it is back to normal, and it even logs me in automatically to RE when I open the page :)

Guess this proves that a refrigeration engineer can problemsolve just about anything :)
I thought it was just me until I saw this post and that's when I started testing :)

Grizzly
19-06-2017, 06:26 PM
10 out of 10 for effort!
Grizzly

Tycho
19-06-2017, 06:35 PM
Ok, so the clearing cookies was a short term bandaid fix.

Rebooted my computer and it was back to square one.

out of curiosity I tried using the "log in with facebook" and it opens a pop ut where you log in with facebook username and password, it loads for 5 seconds then it came up with the "The page isn’t redirecting properly"

So it seems there is some bug with the vbulletin facebook add-on.

Personally, I don't see the need for it as the registration for RE is free, and I doubt many people would log on through facebook anyways :)

FaultCode
19-06-2017, 06:35 PM
To me it says, stay away from Facebook it tries to take over your life.

Tycho
19-06-2017, 06:39 PM
To me it says, stay away from Facebook it tries to take over your life.

And it stops us from easily accessing RE :)

Andy_ABC
22-06-2017, 03:36 PM
I'm having the same issue, couldn't get bck into the forum for a while, cleared the cookies, manually came back to the home page and logged in. But as you say, when I returned, having logged back into facebook in the meantime, just timed out the redirect.

There's already a pretty big facebook forum for UK refrigeration engineers, I'm sure many on here are members. Don't really see the benefit of a social sign in, but given that most people are signed into their networks on mobile devices, if the problem doesn't get sorted, it will certainly put people off having to clear their often important cookies every time they want to log in.

Tycho
02-10-2017, 04:23 PM
So filmed my log in attempts and sent them to WebRam, he was kind enough to remove the facebook link, and now it works like a charm for me to log in like normal, it even works from my phone again :)