PDA

View Full Version : Manometers

abdulazman
15-05-2006, 03:47 AM
Hi :)

Can anybody direct me to any other site that sells Meriam Manometers other than the company itself?
I own a meriam mercury manometer, model 11AOWM 5'' range U-tube design. Accidently :( broke the glass tube while working with it, lucky me :o the mercury was still in tact. Check with the Meriam company whether they have the parts for the U-tube glass :mad: got jinx. I was informed about certain laws relating to mercury not covered in malaysia.They refused to acknowledge and address me. All I wanted was the empty glass U-tube for me to transfer the mercury over and than carry on utilizing the device. Anybody please tell me where I can get the U-tube replacement :confused: otherwise I will have to purchase a new vacuum analyzer. And I have to waste the mercury substance but I don't know how? Mercury are hazardous and insoluble. Help :( :( needed here.

Brian_UK
15-05-2006, 06:51 PM
Hi, do you have any laboratory glass suppliers near to you. These people make the test tubes and other glass items used.

They can/will often make other things so it may be worth looking at them.

Try this link for names and addresses in your area..

http://www.kellysearch.com/my-product-53968.html
and scroll down the page.

If all else fails and you have to get rid of the mercury then contact your local chemist/pharmacy they may be able to help.

abdulazman
16-05-2006, 06:06 AM
Hi Brian

Good Day to you.
Thanks for the help,link and advice. Appreciate it.
God bless you.