PDA

View Full Version : Difference between compressors

Siniša Mirilov
13-05-2006, 07:38 PM
Hi guys I have SMC-180 compressors and by mistake I had got spare parts for T/ SMC-180, what is it the difference between this compressors :confused:

Thanks for help

The MG Pony
13-05-2006, 08:50 PM
Well Not every one here is "That" happy but use meer guys may be able to help ;) sadely I'm not one of em as I'm the newb here, sorry mate.

(I meant this as a friendly humour bite,)

Josip
13-05-2006, 09:05 PM
Hi,

no difference :)

you can use spare parts on both types. What spares you ordered?

Best regards,

Josip :)

Andy
13-05-2006, 09:16 PM
Hi Sinisa:)

the TSMC is a two stage compressor for low temp. Spares are quite similar, extra manifold connections, needle bearings in the high stage piston bearings, different discharge valve holders.

Kind Regards. Andy:)

SteveDixey
13-05-2006, 10:55 PM
Hi gays I have SMC-180 compressors and by mistake I had got spare parts for T/ SMC-180, what is it the difference between this compressors :confused: Thanks for help

Lazarus might be the best to ask, but if I remember correctly, the pistons on some SMC machines are taller.

I've got a feeling I made a similar mistake in the past, except ordering an SMC piston instead of TSMC. I only noticed the mistake when the crank didn't turn over once we put the discharge valve and top cover on. Based on that, if you use TSMC pistons, you'll get a larger gas space a piston Top Dead Centre.

Steve

Josip
14-05-2006, 03:56 PM
Hi,

Lazarus might be the best to ask, but if I remember correctly, the pistons on some SMC machines are taller.

I've got a feeling I made a similar mistake in the past, except ordering an SMC piston instead of TSMC. I only noticed the mistake when the crank didn't turn over once we put the discharge valve and top cover on. Based on that, if you use TSMC pistons, you'll get a larger gas space a piston Top Dead Centre.

Steve

True,

You can have S, L and E type corresponding to different lenght of pistons and that is very important when ordering spare parts. You must write down type of compressor, no of cylinders and execution S,L or E and production year.

Sabroe made a lot of changes in code numbers, spare part kits and sets.

Request for spare parts must be very correct to get an adequate answer and spare parts ;)

Best regrds,

Siniša Mirilov
14-05-2006, 10:33 PM
Hi,

True,

You can have S, L and E type corresponding to different lenght of pistons and that is very important when ordering spare parts. You must write down type of compressor, no of cylinders and execution S,L or E and production year.

Sabroe made a lot of changes in code numbers, spare part kits and sets.

Request for spare parts must be very correct to get an adequate answer and spare parts ;)

Best regrds,

Thanks Josip

Kind regards

Siniša Mirilov
14-05-2006, 10:35 PM

Steve
Yes u are right Steve thanks for advice

Kind regarts

Siniša Mirilov
14-05-2006, 10:37 PM
Hi Sinisa:)

the TSMC is a two stage compressor for low temp. Spares are quite similar, extra manifold connections, needle bearings in the high stage piston bearings, different discharge valve holders.

Kind Regards. Andy:)
Ok Andy thanks for advice :)

Kind regards

abdulazman
15-05-2006, 01:05 AM
Hi SM,

If I could recalled, you must specify Mark 1, Mark 2 or Mark 3 against the SMC models

Cheerio lad