PDA

View Full Version : Steafa BMS MS2000 under dose

Waddah
13-05-2006, 10:03 AM
I have an old project Steafa BMS run on MS2000 under dos operating system.

I am looking to devlope our systems but I haven't the engineering passward for devloping.

is there any body who has a guide for installation and engineering of this systems.

NoNickName
13-05-2006, 02:17 PM
Basicly, what you are asking is to deliberatly breaking the law?

Brian_UK
13-05-2006, 11:45 PM
Basicly, what you are asking is to deliberatly breaking the law?I understand where you are going with this comment NNN but I am always in two minds over this sort of thing.

The customer has paid for a working BMS system but is not allowed to use it fully by being passworded out of certain sections.

I don't believe that he wants to decompile the software just wants to perhaps improve/change some of the graphics and tick boxes etc. (I could be wrong however :rolleyes: )

NoNickName
14-05-2006, 10:52 AM
What I understand is that Waddah has a development environment that he's not entitled to use.

Andy
14-05-2006, 11:09 AM
Hi Guys:)

If the BMS is running on DOS, it probably is not supported, that is where Brian comes in:)

It's days is numbered. If it was me I would break it gently to the client, sugesting that a new system would have a payback thru increased energy saving:)

Kind Regards Andy:)

Waddah
14-05-2006, 01:04 PM
You are right the system is provide with dongle so it could not be used from other computer.

Our requirment is product documents only as software is too old.

scala
15-01-2010, 09:02 AM
Hi, I have a messed up old NCRS (v2) Operating system was erased due to battery failure on this controller and BMS system is completely off. In order to reload the OS back (System is DOS version!), I urgently need password of MS2000 master account (I found the hex file).

Master account Username is staefa.

If you have any idea to sort this problem out please send me a PM.

Thank you very much in advance for helping me out.