PDA

View Full Version : Leak from beverage fridge

seanppp
07-12-2016, 07:31 PM
I'm educated as a mechanical engineer, took refrigeration courses and understand the principles of refrigeration/thermo/etc, but never really did any hands on maintenance. I was at my friend's beer shop and noticed a leak coming from the pan under the evaporator, and was wondering why it would be a) creating so much water and b) if these fridges are supposed to have some sort of drain? He says he doesn't want me monkeying with anything until I know what I'm doing, so that's why I'm posting here. Can anyone explain this, and what I should do?

Thanks!

Pics below.

chemi-cool
07-12-2016, 07:41 PM
When you mention this kind of leak please add the word WATER.

Afew reasons that I can think of:

Blocked drains.
Poor air flow across evaporator.
partially loss of refrigerant causing part of evaporator to freeze.
Door seal is broken and excess humidity causing frost on evaporator.
Fridge is not level.

Good luck with your WATER leak.:D

seanppp
08-12-2016, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the reply about my WATER leak. :-)

I will take a look at the fridge with your info in hand. One question regarding poor air flow across the evap: How does air flow across it? Is there a fan I should check?

monkey spanners
08-12-2016, 11:20 AM
Most likely have one or more fans, the fans can fail, or the blades or coil can get covered in dust etc which reduces air flow, also the drain pan could have a hole in it letting it leak in that corner.

seanppp
08-12-2016, 02:44 PM
Great. Thanks. Also, I don't think there are any drains around the refrigerator. Is it possible that there is a condensate evaporator that is not functioning?

chemi-cool
08-12-2016, 03:57 PM
There must a drain that takes condensate water from the evaporator somewhere.
There could be apan near the compressor where water is collected and evaporated by means of hot discharge tube.
A good thing to look for. While you are at it, clean the condenser coil from the outside and check that its fan works ok.

nezocas
12-12-2016, 10:36 AM
Hi to all.

Sorry to write in this post.
I am from Portugal, and I need a hand, from you guys.
I have came across this closed post http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?33069-Serap-RL20-Vat-Controler I also have this kind of Serap washer, and no service manual to follow.

I have error 32 and 41.

Mister monkey spanners, can you supply the service manual to me...???

Best regards
Nezocas

monkey spanners
12-12-2016, 06:12 PM
Hi to all.

Sorry to write in this post.
I am from Portugal, and I need a hand, from you guys.
I have came across this closed post http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?33069-Serap-RL20-Vat-Controler I also have this kind of Serap washer, and no service manual to follow.

I have error 32 and 41.

Mister monkey spanners, can you supply the service manual to me...???

Best regards
Nezocas

Hi, I've sent an email with the service manual in etc.

Cheers MS

nezocas
12-12-2016, 09:57 PM
Hi, I've sent an email with the service manual in etc.

Cheers MS

Thank you.
Will report back with results

Best regards
Nezocas

nezocas
20-12-2016, 09:43 AM
Hi,

Widelly detailed service manual ..... all problems SOLVED....!!!!

Thank you so much

Best regards
Nezocas