PDA

View Full Version : Try and ID this one then :)

WebRam
11-05-2006, 10:15 PM
it was taken in Iran more than a few years ago

US Iceman
12-05-2006, 02:23 AM
I can't get my eyes close enough to the screen to make out the details.:eek:

I can make out it was manufactured in the USA.

With all of the steam venting, my guess is this is a steam turbine driven centrifugal compressor.

slingblade
12-05-2006, 01:21 PM
Looks like john travolta in white.

Brian_UK
12-05-2006, 11:38 PM
Looks like john travolta in white.Took the words right out of my mouth ;) :D :cool:

US Iceman
13-05-2006, 01:10 AM
And all this time I thought the boss was talking about the equipment behind the gentlemen???:D

WebRam
13-05-2006, 04:50 AM
And here is me thinking you guys were into refrigeration ..... now I find some of you into clothing LOL

Abe
13-05-2006, 08:44 AM
And whats the Boss doing keeping on eye on the kids?

Didnt the doctor recommend two weeks of R and R ?

sihombing
13-05-2006, 11:51 AM
Dear all,
Related to the pic,
Can somebody tell me the specific usage of centrifugal compressor? How about the COP?
It is not very common in indo.

Any links?
Your helps will be greatly appreciated.

thank u

Dan
13-05-2006, 07:11 PM
I am amazed. Iceman can tell that it is U.S. Manufactured machine. And hazards a guess that it is steam driven centrifugal compressors.

I can't see a damn thing. It being in Iran, and during the reign of the Shah, I can go along with his guesses. I would further expect it to be related to the oil fields... perhaps air conditioning or process cooling being driven off the waste energy from the oil fields.

US Iceman
13-05-2006, 10:56 PM
OK Boss, I'm going out on a limb and say it is a York Centrifugal and judging from the size it is probably a six stage compressor.

The one area that throws me a bit is the part of the machine behind the guy in white coveralls. That looks like an old horizontal cylinder recip. compressor.

How about a hint?

Andy
14-05-2006, 10:57 AM
Hi:)

possibly a york centrif driven by a reciprocating steam engine.

Kind Regards. Andy:)

Dan
27-05-2006, 12:05 AM
My friend in Tehran had this to say:

How nice days was those days that our both nations had a close and friendly relation.

I think there is Abadan Oil Refinery and it is a very big centrifugal pump driven with an steam engine.

I marked the picture and have some reasons for my word:

1) a big gatevalve in discharge line of pump

2) no insulation on any connections

wambat
27-05-2006, 12:51 AM
Looks like Sadaam in the back ground when he was working in the Iraqi secret service. :>}

WebRam
27-05-2006, 06:05 PM
My friend in Tehran had this to say:

How nice days was those days that our both nations had a close and friendly relation.

I think there is Abadan Oil Refinery and it is a very big centrifugal pump driven with an steam engine.

I marked the picture and have some reasons for my word:

1) a big gatevalve in discharge line of pump

2) no insulation on any connections

BINGO Well done Dan :)

Freonboy
31-07-2006, 11:23 PM
Personally i think it looks like a water pump, pressure differential gauge in veiw, possibly steam driven.