PDA

View Full Version : Daikin Ceiling Void FBQ

nevgee
06-12-2016, 09:09 AM
The Daikin Ceiling Void unit FBQ has a pump lift of 625mm ..... normally we'd lift and drop into a gravity drain. Has anyone ever tried using 6mm flex pipe and if so what length would be a maximum run, with say a vertical lift of 200mm at the unit, to get it over the joist hieght. I haven't been able to find any reference for pressure drops on 6mm tubing. It's porbably not do able but thought I'd ask.

Cheers in advance.

Brian_UK
06-12-2016, 03:27 PM
I wouldn't suggest it, the pump might manage to push the water along about 4m of 6mm tubing but to be honest they aren't pressure pumps are they?

Best bet, discharge into a tank pump and use that to pump through the 6mm tube.

eggs
07-12-2016, 01:07 AM
I've done it a lot over the years using 3/8 hose. Never been called back and takes dodgy pumps out of the equation.

Cheers

Eggs

Slim R410a
16-12-2016, 11:18 AM
Also done this a few times, on cassettes, but with 3/8 hose. Where the hose was ran with the pipework same height as top of cassette along a ceiling for about 5-6m to outside.

nevgee
30-01-2017, 05:28 PM
hi guys,
Sorry for late response ..... a Holiday got in the way.
We put a tank pump in eventually, though I have misgivings with any pump where there is a risk of inadequate maintenance. With all the will in the world we can't make customers take up regular maintenance checks. That old devil PPM, you either love it or hate it.