PDA

View Full Version : CITB to stop doing F-gas qualifications.

Rob White
17-11-2016, 05:22 PM

See

http://www.coolingpost.com/uk-news/besa-moves-to-plug-citb-f-gas-gap/

Rob

frank
17-11-2016, 08:15 PM
This bit is a little worrying Rob

DEFRA has sought to reassure employers whose staff are legally required to carry F-gas certification that new routes to professional certification will be made available by the passing of revised F-gas handling legislation next year.

No doubt I'll have to dig deep into my pocket again :-(

cadwaladr
17-11-2016, 08:23 PM
So does this mean 2079 qualification will need updating?

Grizzly
17-11-2016, 11:31 PM
Why should 2079 need updating.
Just because the gravy train has dried up for CITB.
Most with sense will have done the City and Guilds version.
Which as yet is "For Life" or at least until there is deemed the need to update.

My company has spent a small fortune complying as and when.
But that does not mean that coffers are going to supplement the Training Industry!
Being Green comes at a cost and it seems some do not want to Pay!

This is all going to get quite interesting, especially when a major training provider like CITB. Have decided that there is not enough money in it!
May I suggest the Environmental agencies etc. Start fining those that don't already comply.
That could be recycled towards some of the training costs.

Has Brexit anything to do with the funding?
Call me cynical!
Grizzly

cadwaladr
17-11-2016, 11:47 PM
We all know my views on wholesalers complying wish the 2079 came with a photo id!

Quality
22-11-2016, 07:31 AM
BESA another training organization are going to offer f gas certification and possibly others such as logic

piewie
28-12-2016, 07:00 AM
As far as I am aware the C&G is only for life until the 2079 is revised. I think the licensing and periodic re-licensing is a good thing as it keeps our knowledge of regulation etc up to date. The cost of this should be zero at the point of consumption and should be borne by a tax on the refrigerant.

GHAZ
28-12-2016, 03:11 PM
Hi I did my city and guilds but have no photo I'd on it or is that something you have to do it yourself

Rob White
29-12-2016, 12:37 PM
Hi I did my city and guilds but have no photo I'd on it or is that something you have to do it yourself

Register yourself with ACRIB

http://www.acrib.org.uk/acribskillcard

Send your certificates off, pay your money and you will
go onto the register of refrigerant handlers. If you have
other qualifications they will include those onto it to.

Regards
Rob

GHAZ
29-12-2016, 09:01 PM
Thanks mate. I'll do that

piewie
25-01-2017, 08:23 AM
Hello Everyone

Excuses my apparent ignorance but why should we spend the time and money at ACR-Training on the 3-day course if our current CITB certifications are still valid?

Piewie

Quality
25-01-2017, 04:27 PM
The CITB f gas, when it expires will qualify for the new BESA re-assessment option, which will operate very similar as the out going CITB one