PDA

View Full Version : Refrigerant leak detector

MikeHolm
12-11-2016, 12:53 PM
Usually I have little trouble finding leaks but this one is confounding me so I am looking to buy an electronic leak detector. I have no idea which ones to look at so any advise would be great. What pops up on tinternet is stuff like the Fieldpiece SRL8 or various Inficon and Robinair units. Thoughts?

joe-ice
12-11-2016, 01:52 PM
I have had several makes through the years and the srl8 to me has been the best ,great at finding even the smallest leaks , good battery life when charged , visual as well as acoustic indicator (the beeping can be muted) and most importantly very sturdy with the rubber shroud .

Rob White
12-11-2016, 06:04 PM

Working for a wholesaler I had access to every concevable type
and method of leak detector on the market. I used to be given
them for testing, to see if I could break them and the one I always
used to use and the one I now own of my own is a Javac Tek-Mate
Leak Detector. Not sure how expensive they are but they are as
good as you can get (in my opinion) and they are easy to maintain.

Rob

MikeHolm
13-11-2016, 12:13 PM
Javac looks like it is the same as the Inficon and i just bought . Cheers, fellows.

Quality
14-11-2016, 08:48 PM
I do prefer the Javac deteck maybe spelt wrong. a little more expensive than the tek mate but survived a tumble of the top of the van within speed limits of course

irisrei09
09-03-2017, 08:50 AM
I recommend LotFancy Refrigerant Leak Detector (http://www.internetgeeks.org/tech/best-refrigerant-leak-detector-reviews/). I have use it for long time. It has many features like easy to use, hose is flexible, inexpensive, lightweight and portable.It is ideal equipment for HVACR technician.