PDA

View Full Version : repetitive E63.1 error (inverter error) on Fujitsu VRF/Airstage AJYA54LALH

sylverb
09-11-2016, 09:04 AM
Helloļ

I have a Fujitsu VRF system AJYA54LALH with 5x ARXB09 indoor units (duct type).

Since a week or so , everytime we switch on 2 or more indoor units to produce heat, the outdoor unit stops operation with error E63.1 (inverter error) and restart itself 10 minutes later. All the PCB cards are brand new including the Inverter and ACTPM.

For the voltage, when 2x units are on, we can read 247V DC between the red & black cable on the ACTPM board. The system starts shuting itself when we bring online the 3rd unit. We can then read 254-255V DC with no load, all remotes blinking.

Electric supply to the outdoor unit varies between 226-228V AC when 2-3 units are on.
When everything works well, with 5 units on, electric supply is around 230-232V AC.

This issue occurs at least 5-10x times a day since the cold weather started. It was doing the same during the summer on a very hot day but less often than now. It is also switching off during oil recovery. Strangely things are starting to work better around midnight and I'm getting 233V AC.

I'm starting to wonder if this is due to power supply dropping at times :( ... is there a setting on the outdoor unit to draw less power or any other remedy to stabilize power supply?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tayters
09-11-2016, 08:02 PM
Yes. It could be due to a power drop.

There are a couple of power saving functions (call it capacity loss!):

Cooling and heating capacity shift, function 11 for cooling and 12 for heating. Default value is 00, 01 for energy save mode, 02 and 03 for high power mode.
Function 30 to enable energy save mode. For this you need a connector in CN133. When the wires are then connected together energy save mode is turned on according to the setting, 00 for level 1 up to 04 for level 5. the lower the level the greater the energy save. Never tried it myself but level 00 is marked as stop so pretty good energy savings to be made there. :-)
Function 41 low noise, default 00 is off, 01 for on.

Have you still got the install book for the outdoor unit as the function settings are all there and how to program. If not let me know and I'll see if I can get them on here. Did try earlier but was limited to the 100kb file size.

State the obvious though, is there no way to ensure the power supply remains constant. Perhaps try running the unit with all other breakers off (lights, sockets, other AC...)just to confirm no issues with the AC, ensure no volt drop for breaker to unit.

Cheers,
Andy.

sylverb
11-11-2016, 09:23 PM
Thank you Andy , much appreciated comments..

I have the operation book, I will make the changes you've suggested and also see if all breakers off make any difference. I'll keep you posted

thanks again

sylverb
11-02-2017, 12:47 AM
Hi ,

Just a quick update.. after enabling capacity shift to 60% , the error is a lot frequent than before but still happening on a cold night (below 3-4°c on average) . During defrost, the error comes up repetitively until we power cycle the outdoor unit. Compressor and Fans are speeding up gradually to a high level until shuttoff with the inverter error code .. it seems like the unit is trying to run faster than it can physically handle.

Since we replaced the main PCB board, I'm starting to wonder if the dip switches and/or function settings are wrongly set.

Can someone please provide the factory dip switches settings for AJYA54LALH?

thank you

sylverb
13-03-2017, 03:19 PM
Hello,

Just for information the issue is now solved. It turns out that we didn't put the thermal grease paste at the back of the ATCPM & Inverter PCB. After applying the thermal paste and tightening the screws with the right torque, no reoccurence since few days now, including a clear test-run !

Here are some information that I've obtained from Fujitsu Germany, if that can help someone :

Basically the Error E63.1 is related to only 2 PCBīs.
1. ACTPM
2. Inverter PCB

The error is detected by abnormal DC input voltage detection at Inverter PCB in between yellow and blue wire.
The DC Voltage should be around 360-380VDC when the compressor operates.
During Compressor stop condition or Standby condition the DC voltage is lower (around 310VDC)

an operation without heat sink paste is not sufficient. Within 10 minutes up to 24 hours the ACTPM or the PCB fails again.

The thermal transfer paste is mandatory.

I hope that helps .