PDA

View Full Version : some questions of air source hp

Lc_shi
11-05-2006, 06:51 AM
hi sirs,
some questions need your answer:
1) is it necessary to install suction accumulator? How the accumulator affect the hp COP and other performance?
2) If install suction accumulator, is it better to use the one with heat exchanger or without? what 's your idea?

regards
LC

US Iceman
11-05-2006, 02:40 PM
Hi LC,

An accumulator should not affect the COP to any extent you might notice. There might be some extra pressure loss due to the accumulator but I think it would very be minimal.

It will of course add to the unit cost and this may make it an easy target for elimination.

I like the accumulators with the subcooling coils, but you should be aware of a potential issue. When no liquid is present in the accumulator the subcooling coil can increase the suction superheat and discharge temperature at the compressor.

I have seen some system using accumulators that have been operating with high evaporator superheat to control liquid carryover.

When you look at the combined effect of the high evaporator superheat plus the additional superheat from the subcooling coil the compressor discharge temperature can get quite high.

Peter_1
11-05-2006, 08:08 PM
If it's a reversible HP, then you certainly need one.

NoNickName
11-05-2006, 08:58 PM
If it's a reversible HP, then you certainly need one.

Yeah, unless you want to push liquid through the compressor.
There is some pirate who doesn't install the liquid strainer by:

1) defrosting unloaded (so that liquid goes through the lifted valve)
2) flood the condenser in summer.