PDA

View Full Version : Heatstar swimming pool heat pump

Latte
10-05-2006, 06:19 PM
Hi Guys,

Heatstar heat pump system model 2 (ANCIENT !!!!)

I know it's a shot in the dark but has any got or know where i can get a wiring diagram ?

Been called out to one with a burnt out stat. Changed the stat but it still keeps blowing the mains trip when you set the stat to bring the unit on.

Done all the usual, disconnected the compressor and the condenser fan but still blows. I assume there is a problem with the wiring but there are so many wires and boxes i could be there days.

Many thanks for any suggestions

fatboy

Brian_UK
10-05-2006, 07:00 PM
Have you tried
http://www.heatstar.com
on the Isle of Wight ?

You never know they might keep info on the old 'uns

chemi-cool
10-05-2006, 07:12 PM
check the wires, they might touch or have a short.
I don't think that the wiring is that complicated, its only a heat pump after all;)

Chemi:)

Latte
10-05-2006, 07:47 PM
Hi Guys,

It may not look complicated but unfortunatly is located in the corner of the garden next to a hedge so a fat git like me cannot get to the electrics side of the unit. I am having to lay on the fan and work facing the floor so everthing is upside down.

Deepest joy

Thanks

Fatboy

By the way, just had BT Broadband installed. What a difference it doesn't take 5 mins to load each page

frank
10-05-2006, 08:32 PM
I am having to lay on the fan and work facing the floor so everthing is upside down.

Hi Raymond - hope you are well.

Just put your glasses on upside down and all will become clear :D :p

nevgee
10-05-2006, 10:54 PM
My experience of heatstar is they will not divulge any technical info what so ever. They like to keep exclusivity with their machines. You'll have to suss out the wiring by ellimination.

good luck.

Davidhayles
04-04-2007, 04:26 PM
Hi everyone,

My name is David Hayles and i am the Technical manager at Heatstar limited on the Isle of Wight.

I will be more than happy to supply any wiring diagrams of any of our systems, past or present please contact me at our head office on 01983 521465.

Our information, diagrams, technical specifications or spare part information is certainly not a secrect and any of our staff are more than happy to help with any issue you may have.

I hope this helps

Brian_UK
04-04-2007, 06:54 PM
Hello David and a warm welcome to the forum.

Thanks for your openness and dispelling the previous post.

jsimon
30-05-2007, 10:17 PM
i have worked on these normally there is an lp hp a water flow switch delay on timer
remove the water inlet and outlet and swing the unit around no problem ?
its all self contained

nevgee
28-06-2007, 06:15 PM
Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. I was refering to a previous occassion when I contacted your office a year or so back when I asked for a wiring dwng and /or tech manual I was told I could only have the OIM which was for the end user. Wiring dgm was not on offer.
I'll call you and have a chat if that's ok.

regards
NG