PDA

View Full Version : HACCP Readings

koolzoner
05-10-2016, 09:42 PM
Does anyone have a feel for how many times a day the restaurants, cafes, bars, pubs etc record the temperature of their fridges/freezers to prove HACCP compliance?

Many thanks in advance!

cadwaladr
06-10-2016, 01:06 AM
Not too sure about hccp,but my customers have a simple method which I installed its called a4 paper in a waterproof wallet temperatures are checked upon arrival of one of the first members of staff whoever is delegated and readings are taken three times a day the last one is two hours before closing giving enough time to call out an engineer,for freezers it's minus 17c for Chillers it's plus 6c,although it's different for some other people's customers but it works for us.

koolzoner
06-10-2016, 10:24 AM
Thanks very much - I had heard it was 2-3 times a day so this ties-in with what you say. Cheers!

Magoo
07-10-2016, 03:09 AM
Basically it is the equipment owners responsibility to write a suitable procedure that meets local regulations for food and safety, they generally have a moving target policy, so any issues it is always the plant owners problem unfortunately. Same BS all around the world.
Offer only recommendations no firm regimes, otherwise you can be implicated in all or any issues and dramas, that will test your public liability insurance cover.