PDA

View Full Version : Climate Centre - OMG, closing loads of branches

Good^Man
03-10-2016, 04:16 PM
In the ACR their MD Patrick Headon starts with:
“improve service levels, product availability and choice.”
“Plumb Center and Climate Center may be affected”
“We have put the customer at the heart of this review….regrettably this will result in the closure of around 80 branches across the UK and up to 800 redundancies.”

Wow, that is hardly going to improve service levels etc. Sounds more like the business is in a mess and they are cutting away anything that’ll save them some profit. The customer comes second or third, of course with REDUCED service levels, product availability and choice, surely.

I think that MD would have made a good communications manager for B’liar’s New Labour spinning machine. Wish he would just speak the cold truth about the contraction of his business and reduced services and product availability.

Grizzly
03-10-2016, 05:21 PM
Hi Good^Man
WOW!
That is not good news for anyone.
Grizzly

eggs
03-10-2016, 10:10 PM
They looked down their noses at me when I was setting up business. Admittedly it was NRS at the time. How many other one man bands who have now grown into SME's did they do that to?

eggs
03-10-2016, 10:17 PM
while I'm on a rant...I had the misfortune to call into their Cardiff branch recently collecting bits for a Subbie while I was passing by.
Nothing else to say but " useless" that's it. Nothing else.

cadwaladr
08-10-2016, 02:12 AM
Not sure if it's brexit effect but I can import the same European equipment so much cheaper now,the delivery time is forty eight hours refrigerant is thirty percent cheaper control equipment from Italy is about the same,so climate centre is right to shut branches and streamline I can Google most of the equipment and have it doorsteps in 48 hours ok pop into a wholesaler get robbed convenience shopping has always been that way but the internet sourcing of supplies is the way forward ,and I don't deal with China but a Japanese equipment maker world renowned at the forefront of technology is happy to deal with us and after meeting them in Amsterdam last week at a trade show got the feeling they prefer the personal face to face approach to doing business so glad my staff and me voted out!

Brian_UK
08-10-2016, 02:28 PM
I well understand your actions and the reasons for doing so Cadwaladr.

Sadly part on the cause of these places closing down is us not shopping there, very much like the high street shops that we bemoaned for shutting down when the likes of Tesco hit town.

Thinking back to when I used Plumb/Parts/Climate Center I'm surprised that they have lasted so long.

Rob White
08-10-2016, 06:15 PM

HRP were in a similar situation over the last 18 month to two years
loosing money hand over fist until they were finaly completely bought
out by Beijer. Lots of change branch moves and redundancies.

Wholesalers are struggling for many reasons, some is bad managment,
some is the ecconomy and then imports contribute.

Bad time to be in wholesale.

Rob

charlie patt
08-10-2016, 07:37 PM
Bigger ain't always better it's a shame but that's business there seems to be something in the business environment that turnover is key profit comes second and I don't understand why but perhaps it needs to be done to save the company overall big company big shareholders