PDA

View Full Version : Daikin 88 error FDYP71-145DLV1

eco air
03-10-2016, 10:11 AM
Getting a static 88 only on wall remote (error- indoor pcb faulty ,incorrect wiring between indoor and outdoor) no change to wiring been runnng No of years cannot find wiring damage.
U5 (Transmission error indoor to remote)was original error and indoor fan run initially but nothing now then went to 88 nil operation nothing indoor or out,no startup.just green led's
2 wire remote wires look like new.

Both indoor and out door boards have 2 flashing green led's only
Would like to isolation test indoor evaporator fan high and low speed.
Could someone confirm hot wire config for high and low speeds (N, R1,R2,R3 R4) 5wire 240v AC
Checked Internal AC fan for jammed / seized it is very smooth free rotation .
Checked motor windings for resistance and shorts .
Checking each to N Blue to Brown Active 12ohms grey, 17 yellow 19, white 20.3 and no shorts to ground .
capacitor (20mFarads 400v) looks ok

Would also like to isolation test outdoor unit RZP145-DV1
The 2 outdoor DC fans 12v or 22v ? 5 wire plugs to PCB2 and compressor in isolation if possible.
help with hot wiring sorry no manual.

Any suggestions on check process much appreciated.

Greek_engineer
03-10-2016, 01:00 PM
How will you do the isolation test on the outdoor unit?

martin102
03-10-2016, 02:09 PM
Have you tried running unit with both outdoor fans disconnected?

eco air
03-10-2016, 09:52 PM
Not sure hoping to get a consensus of best way to trouble shoot the issue
1 check indoor fan
2 Is it safe to unplug fans from board and run compressor or better to just use forced operation/start button on mini board and try to run outdoor unit briefly to confirm indoor is the issue.

3 Thought testing each component was a safe way if possible
4 Objective is to not have to replace multiple items or damage a New board.
At this point its pointing to the evaporator board but not 100%

martin102
04-10-2016, 04:33 AM
Have you tried connecting the wall controller at the indoor unit, therefore testing the installed cable.
You can run the outdoor unit with the condenser fans unplugged, just make sure the power is off when you unplug them. The outdoor fans are dc inverter motors, you will need to know the resistance expected on each terminal. Also do a spin test on the motors with the fan blade removed. They should spin freely.

martin102
04-10-2016, 04:34 AM
Just a thought, has a condensate pump been fitted?

eco air
05-10-2016, 01:02 PM
Have you tried connecting the wall controller at the indoor unit, therefore testing the installed cable.
You can run the outdoor unit with the condenser fans unplugged, just make sure the power is off when you unplug them. The outdoor fans are dc inverter motors, you will need to know the resistance expected on each terminal. Also do a spin test on the motors with the fan blade removed. They should spin freely.

Controller is wall unit connected to Indoor evaporator , just 88 no red light. nothing but static 88
Fan motors very good condition, spin free no slop. Can take off fans t'morrow.
Tempted to run outdoor briefly with pump down button to see if issue is confined to indoor.
Just not that familiar, so taking it slow.
Wanted to check fans on outdoor but proving difficult, got resistance on AC to N ,in door fan couldnt pick up any on dc fans between any of the 5wires gut feel was indoor board but no resistance on any fan wires seems strange both motors. MUST be doing something wrong .
Is it safe to just run outdoor on pump down for 30secs with fans connected. Dont want to blow a good board.
All fuses good on outdoor.
No condensate pump just drain unit was heating at the time (winter in Oz)

gozoboy
06-10-2016, 06:05 PM
That is not a fault, its the wall controller initializing. As if you just powered up the system. Most probably a faulty indoor pcb.

frank
06-10-2016, 08:19 PM
Its a sign of a communications error.
I would test the indoor outdoor communications and make sure that the green LED is flashing on both pcb's

eco air
07-10-2016, 12:20 PM
That is not a fault, its the wall controller initializing. As if you just powered up the system. Most probably a faulty indoor pcb.

When it is initializing how long should it take, is there any programming required or just a standard screen

It was on for 5hrs today no change ,no response from any buttons

Started compressor manually worked ok incl both fans.

Ac evaporator fan works on all 4 speeds (isolation test)

Just need to check 4 ac relays +k5R to outdoor
Not sure what took out the board in the first place.

eco air
07-10-2016, 12:39 PM
Its a sign of a communications error.
I would test the indoor outdoor communications and make sure that the green LED is flashing on both pcb's

Thanks Frank
Greens are flashing on both , I have no functioning wall unit so not sure how to test communication to outdoor unit .
What would you suggest ?
Do you mean check k5R outdoor relay is working and continuity of lines.
As the wall unit is showing 88 I am assuming its functioning and PCB is gone.
Just want to be sure think board is $400 odd

frank
07-10-2016, 06:40 PM
Put a temporary 2 core wire between the indoor/outdoor and the controller/indoor

eco air
08-10-2016, 12:14 AM
Sorry ,
3 wires to outdoor, indoor has a P1 and P2 corresponding to controller not sure which are P1 and p2 Red ,white or Black see attached photos
I am thinking p1 to red connect outdoor p2 blk connect outdoor leave white as is.

frank
08-10-2016, 09:50 PM
Apologies... just run a single temporary wire between indoor/outdoor on the transmission line (terminal 2) and a 2 core between controller and indoor

eco air
10-10-2016, 08:53 AM
Apologies... just run a single temporary wire between indoor/outdoor on the transmission line (terminal 2) and a 2 core between controller and indoor

G'Day
Run above single and 2 core with no change still static 88 no lights or function on BRC 1C 51/61 wall unit , also checked existing signal 2 and spare 6 for continuity plus existing controller 2 core. All ok.
Still 2 flashing green led's inside and out.
Where to know
New wall unit pcb or indoor.Which is most likely to go unit 8-9yrs old

Any other possibilities.
many thanks for the help :)

frank
10-10-2016, 07:21 PM
If you put the outdoor unit into Emergency mode does it run?

eco air
10-10-2016, 08:24 PM
If you put the outdoor unit into Emergency mode does it run?

Runs holding manual start /pumpdown button for 5 seconds on outdoor RZP 145 DV1 (see photo)
or do you mean the emergency/normal switch on indoor PCB

I did notice original installed controller cable (8yrs ago )from indoor P1 P2 was installed using 2 cores of a 4 core cable and noticed a Daikin caution (EDUS391004-M_a for control wiring clause 8.3 stating Never use a 3 or more core of cable. Not sure how significant this is over 7m

hyperion
11-10-2016, 01:54 PM
Potentially the extra cores in the cable could act as an aerial for local interference, but it is rare for this to happen. You could always connect the two spare cores to the earth in the condensing unit only. This would almost create a semi-screen around the two in-use cores. I do not think that this will cure your problem.

Tayters
11-10-2016, 03:54 PM
Not read the whole lot here so sorry if going over old ground but if it was me I'd:

hang in new 2 core to remote and 2 core (comms and neutral which is 2 and 3 respectively) between indoor and outdoor. Bypass any isolators/cut out switches - new wires directly between and nothing in between them!
check dip on remote is in the right place - see it mentioned on the wiring diagram, guess it means master or slave?
turn emergency switch on both units and see what runs. In theory system should at least fire up.
Try another remote if possible.
Look at PCB's for dry joints/cracks.
Try your remote on another unit.
Confirm good power supply to both units, don't overlook the neutral. Confirm this is also present at the PCB connection.

Hard to prove where your fault lies between indoor PCB or remote. Even if indoor fires up in emergency mode it still doesn't prove the remote controller part of it is working.
Might not even be one of these, we've all suspected an electronic fault when it turns out poor neutral/isolator/component. Oh wait, that's just me...

Cheers,
Andy.

eco air
11-10-2016, 08:21 PM
Thankyou for all the help Andy

I will let you know the out come :)

frank
11-10-2016, 09:02 PM
Runs holding manual start /pumpdown button for 5 seconds on outdoor RZP 145 DV1 (see photo)
or do you mean the emergency/normal switch on indoor PCB

I did notice original installed controller cable (8yrs ago )from indoor P1 P2 was installed using 2 cores of a 4 core cable and noticed a Daikin caution (EDUS391004-M_a for control wiring clause 8.3 stating Never use a 3 or more core of cable. Not sure how significant this is over 7m
Switch off mains power and move dip switch 1 to 'On' then switch mains power back on. You are now in Emergency mode.

Did you actually install a temporary 2 core cable between the controller and indoor pcb? As you say the controller has a 4 core cable?

eco air
13-10-2016, 02:46 AM
Just moved wall unit (BRC1C 51/61) up to indoor on new short 2 wire.
Switched indoor to Emergency Mode when powered indoor fan did not start, wall unit still 88.
I thought fan should start on Indoor in emergency Mode when power on.
Indoor fan operates on all 4 speeds, when powered direct through each relay.
Relays are 240v ac coil checked resistance on each Motor winding to N slow 19.7ohms FL17.9 FM 14.6 FH 10 to Ground 20,18.2 15.2 10.6 no fuse blown
Seems like PCB to me any more checks to make sure something hasnt taken out the board. ie relays and coils.
No dip switch on indoor unit just emergency/normal
Yes run temp 2core to controller and 123 to out door no change.

frank
13-10-2016, 07:22 PM
It could be the pcb or indeed the BRC controller.

The 88 display is on while the pcb's and controller handshake and confirm comms. Once comms are confirmed, the 88 display disappears.

If you look at the back of the remote, is the little dip switch in the 'Master' position?

Other than that, you are looking at a faulty pcb.

eco air
14-10-2016, 01:34 AM
yes dip is at M on controller.

Just wanted to check bottom plug and wires X21A to relay coils as I was upstream at coils when I checked the fan motor in isolation originally.

Checked ok and decided to do an emergency test again , this time Fan Motor worked but BRC still stayed at 88.

Tried again with Dip switch at Normal BRC "88" !!!!

Does that mean faulty controller :)

frank
14-10-2016, 11:01 PM
Disconnect the comms cable at each pcb and measure the voltage across comms an neutral at both indoor and outdoor terminals

eco air
15-10-2016, 07:11 AM
You mean disconnect comms then with power off/on measure voltage between pins 2 and neutral indoor and outdoor .
What should it be ?

frank
15-10-2016, 09:11 PM
If the pcb is generating comms you should be able to measure voltage (16 - 20v) across neutral and comms terminal which will be varying. If the voltage is steady or non existant the pcb is duff

eco air
28-10-2016, 08:27 AM
Yep !!!

PCB Duff, up and working again .

Thankyou Frank and all :)

frank
29-10-2016, 09:46 PM
Glad you got it sorted....and thanks for the update