PDA

View Full Version : Role call

Reeferjon
10-05-2006, 01:22 PM
Ok guys.....lets see who frequents these pages......

I work for MTK...been there for over 10 years noww based in Aldridge training centre.

:o :mad:

John.

djbe
10-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Reeferjon,

Your based within spitting distance of one of my customers;)

Small world isn't it:)

regards,
djbe.

mojopt
10-05-2006, 09:56 PM
I'm the technical trainer/ support guy for an HVAC wholesale company in Evansville, IN USA.

Best regards...

reefermadness
11-05-2006, 02:34 AM
I'am reefer mechanic in western Canada. Independant shop, we work on everything.

Cheers,

ReeferMadness

US Iceman
11-05-2006, 04:58 AM
I'm the technical trainer/ support guy for an HVAC wholesale company in Evansville, IN USA.

Which company do you work for mojopt? Are you from the old NTCC group or one of the others?

Send me a PM if you prefer.

Willy
12-05-2006, 08:38 AM
Hi Guys
Been around for a while in this lovely industry, started with MTK back in 1987 then moved to Carrier as training manager, then for my sins took a job with Trans Frig as Technical manager, been out in Dubai for the last 7 years working for TK. Just returned to the UK and living in Somerset.

alpha
12-05-2006, 05:13 PM
started at grenco camberley now self employed.
nothing to see here, move along..

fridgie37
13-05-2006, 06:20 AM
Hi Guys
Work for Thermo King NZ in Technical support and systems.
Been in the game for 20 years.
Been with TK, Carrier and back to TK.
First 5 years spent commercial, Transport, Industrial.
Decided to specialize in Transport.

Fridgie37.

thermo690
13-05-2006, 09:56 AM

I work for MTK...been there for over 10 years noww based in Aldridge training centre.

John.
Hi John

I been working for Carrier Tranicold (Pullmans)for 4 years or so.......... before that I was with Thermotrans working on all sorts from TK & Carrier to Coke machines:(

Hope to be in Oz very soon/ Hopefully there will be some Australian engineers on here?:D Now in Oz (2 years on the Gold Coast) and loving it

M

nova
13-05-2006, 11:29 AM
4 years at Finnish TK dealer acting as a product manager. Before this I worked at Carrier Transicold Finland and before that I had my own business repairing TK's, Carrier's and Lumikko's. Before that as a truck mechanic.

Strange and kind of frightening to see my life within few sentences :eek: :D

Reeferjon
15-05-2006, 07:37 AM
Lets keep the intro's coming guys.....nice to meet you all.

Amazing how small the world is becoming really.

:cool:

Latte
22-05-2006, 10:49 PM
Hi Guys
then for my sins took a job with Trans Frig as Technical manager,

TRANSFRIG :eek: That brings back painfull memories, laying on the floor at the side of the trailer getting covered in mud and dirt. Saying that they were ahead of their time on the electric side running things.

Regards

Fatboy

Latte
28-05-2006, 09:19 PM
Hi Guys,

5 Years at Turners (Soham ) Ltd. Large haulage contractor with about 200 units. Worked on everthing G & A and schmitz could through at us. TK, Carrier and TRANSFRIG !!!!!:eek: .

Now out of the transport game, got fed up of being called out at 2 in the morning to fill trailers up with fuel and bleed up

Regards

Fatboy

afeef
29-05-2006, 05:58 AM
hi all
since one year, i have been working in halliburton -iraq-
before that i have been in yemen 2years, installing cold stors
thanks,,,god be with all
afeef

Karl Hofmann
29-05-2006, 08:09 AM
Hi Guys
Been around for a while in this lovely industry, started with MTK back in 1987 then moved to Carrier as training manager, then for my sins took a job with Trans Frig as Technical manager, been out in Dubai for the last 7 years working for TK. Just returned to the UK and living in Somerset.

Small world indeed!..

Whilst out in Dubai. you may have bumped in to one or two of my trucks that we built at Arabian Profile Ltd ten years ago, they used TK exclusively, supplied by RTS in Rashadia, I knew PD Cooper who owned RTS quite well, hope that he is still OK

cruzeiros
30-05-2006, 06:47 AM
hi guys,
I graduated refrigeration installations and work only in this field for about 3 years now, at the beginning supervisor on site and now at the technical department. we do mostly supermarket installations. have changed 3 company's and one of them in the HVAC business where i was technical consultant for a group of products.

Willy
31-05-2006, 09:41 AM
Small world indeed!..

Whilst out in Dubai. you may have bumped in to one or two of my trucks that we built at Arabian Profile Ltd ten years ago, they used TK exclusively, supplied by RTS in Rashadia, I knew PD Cooper who owned RTS quite well, hope that he is still OK

Yeah I know PD very well, he was my best mate out in Dubai. We spent many a night down at the Dubliners in the airport meridian. He is still doing well and in good form, I will tell him you were asking after him.
Seen a couple of your boxes about over the years but the main players out there now are T.C.T.I and T.S.S.C.
Dubai now is not the Dubai of old, everything must change but Dubai has not changed for the better and the ex-pats are leaving in droves!!!

Willy
31-05-2006, 09:45 AM
TRANSFRIG :eek: That brings back painfull memories, laying on the floor at the side of the trailer getting covered in mud and dirt. Saying that they were ahead of their time on the electric side running things.

Regards

Fatboy

Yeah tell me about it I spent my time there travelling round the UK getting beat up by customers and engineers trying to make some sense of the PLC controllers.

Karl Hofmann
31-05-2006, 01:29 PM
Yeah I know PD very well, he was my best mate out in Dubai. We spent many a night down at the Dubliners in the airport meridian. He is still doing well and in good form, I will tell him you were asking after him.
Seen a couple of your boxes about over the years but the main players out there now are T.C.T.I and T.S.S.C.
Dubai now is not the Dubai of old, everything must change but Dubai has not changed for the better and the ex-pats are leaving in droves!!!

Sorry to hear that Dubai has gone downhill. My boxes were alway the most expensive but were bloody tough. TCTI and TSSC were always cheap and nasty.

Ha the pub at the Airport hotel always used to be Biggles Bar, think I still have an old T shirt with I got bombed at biggles on it somewhere, doubt that I would recognise Dubai now, I'll raise a glass to PD, he saved my bacon numerous times

frank
31-05-2006, 07:02 PM
We spent many a night down at the Dubliners in the airport meridian.

Got to say - I've enjoyed a few pints of the black stuff at their outdoor tables :)

munyam
06-07-2006, 10:50 AM
Hie
Im just joining Refrigeration.com. I am aMechanical Engineering graduate from the University of Zimbabwe and I graduated in 2002. Thereafter I joined the refrigeration Industry through a company that does HVAC for a year. Then I joined my current employers and we do domestic refrigeration and I am in Production. I would be grateful if I can find training to get me to the Commercial and industrial side. I need some mentoring , training or attachment. I have had some exposure in Commercial and industrial refrigeration. So help!

Munya

frank
09-07-2006, 05:34 PM
Hi Munya

Welcome to the forum

Being in Zimbabwe we must be talking of distance learning :D

I don't think we have any set learning courses on this forum but it is always rewarding reading other members posts.

Perhaps you could share your experiences with us.

Grazspur
13-07-2006, 09:44 PM

John.

Hi John
I also worked for MTK and believe I have been trained by you.
I left MTK to work for Matthews Int Transport as company Fridge Engineer.

Nice to talk again.
Graeme

Reeferjon
14-07-2006, 10:57 AM
Good to hear from you Graeme.....hows life on the east coast.
:cool:
John.

munyam
14-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Well I would appreciate on the job trainng since my theory is considerable from school. I realise that It is better and faster to get mentorship considering my age I think that will be more fruitful. So if I can have a mentor the better. I think I need 6 months to one year for such mentorship to get me on my feet.

Hi Munya

Welcome to the forum

Being in Zimbabwe we must be talking of distance learning :D

I don't think we have any set learning courses on this forum but it is always rewarding reading other members posts.

Perhaps you could share your experiences with us.

Bond
13-09-2006, 12:56 PM
I work for GAH (Refrigeration Products) Ltd, the manufacturing and sales side of GAH Transport Refrigeration.

Been with the company about 8 years, I am the Office Sales Manager, application, quotes etc and also the Parts Manager. Get a little invovled with purchasing (mainly sourcing).

Glad to meet you all.

nh3wizard
13-09-2006, 01:25 PM
Good Day everyone, Ive been working in ammonia refrigeration since 1990, production, service and mainly cold storage warehouses. This is a good forum to see how the rest of the world works.

winfred.dela
13-09-2006, 04:28 PM
Hello Guys,

Am a 1982 Mechanical Engineer and have a first Job in Air conditioning & Refrigeration company in January 1983. Work Hard for various companies in various positions for 9 years. Have been self employed as a Refrigeration guy since then.

Been lucky to discover your forum this month and have been enjoying each day reading as much post as possible. . .

Thanks to ALL those that Started this Forum and Keep it running all these years . . .

Nirmalya
13-09-2006, 07:10 PM
Good day Everybody
I am a Chemical Engr. in cryogenic air seperation , heading operation, maintenance of very old to modern plant and also new project. Having water chillers using Ammonia, R11 and R22. Very much interested in HVAC. Fortunate to join this forum . Thanks to those great persons who started this forum.

Abby Normal
13-09-2006, 08:04 PM
Canadian Engineer working overseas, been in the Caribbean 8 years. Dan views me as a 'jack of all' which is better than being a 'jack off' I suppose :)

alpha
15-09-2006, 03:25 AM
It's good to see a GAH man here, who's responsible for them nasty spin on driers ;)

Bond
15-09-2006, 08:49 AM
Not me, I just sell em LOL

We did have issues with them though, we used to use a standard "off the self" variety but for some reason supply became a problem.

We now manufacture our own version, with a larger thread, but unlike many of our competitors who have bespoke parts, our own part is cheaper than the previous off the shelf model. How novel !

TXiceman
15-09-2006, 03:31 PM
I have worked on and designed a wide varity of equipment, mostly oil injected screw units, some centrifugal and recip unots. Everything from low temp cascade to high tempwater chilleing with a wide varity of refrigerants.

Currently employed by Toromont Energy Systems in Houston, Texas (http://www.toromontsystems.com. Been in the refrigeration business since 1970 and am a registered engineer.
Ken

Yanmar
21-10-2006, 07:12 PM
Hi All New boy here, I had some great times with the guys from TF.... all overworked and underpaid...
I was away from there before the plc's invaded.
Anyone know what happened to Neville Tubb????

MTKkeefy
21-10-2006, 11:56 PM
Another MTK employee, although on the admin side of things....

Always appreciating my engineers working hard, whatever the weather!

Reeferjon, are you still MTK? I'm involved with Aldridge (WOLVES!!) depot, based over in Cambridge. Would be interested to hear from you if you are.... hopefully some interesting times in store for MTK?

l33ned
22-10-2006, 12:13 AM
I Work for GAH in south wales, been in the trade for 12 years ,and 7 with GAH and on call every day getting hard to switch off now

Reeferjon
23-10-2006, 12:26 PM
Hey Keefy.
Yep still here......got a first name :eek:

John.

MTKkeefy
23-10-2006, 06:53 PM
Yup, Keith :-)

It must be your units that we occasionally swipe parts off of is it? I hope you got your idler pulley back!

I'm afraid I don't know too much about your side of things, or who's involved with it, but I'm sure you'll know Neil, Paul & the engineers. Is it true that Ron is `half man half machine`, given the amount of work he gets through?!

Only involved in the invoicing side of things myself, but always like to think I can make my job easier / more productive by knowing roughly what I'm talking about, hence ending up on here looking something up!

Hope to hear from you soon,

Keith

mark roberts
25-10-2006, 09:20 PM
john are you still taking mtk trainees to hotel at junction 10 ?

mark roberts
25-10-2006, 09:25 PM
what happened to tom and the rest of thermotrans men ?does anyone know of craig bells wereabouts?

mikejen
25-10-2006, 11:13 PM
i work for a hotel in Bermuda looking after the Refrigeration and Airconditioning

fridg
26-10-2006, 08:54 AM
I have been in the industry for nearly 4 yrs
employed as an apprentice for the last 2 yrs , at a
manufacturing firm in Australia.

We deal in display cabinets and impulse buy cabinets.

www.orford.com.au

mark roberts
26-10-2006, 06:36 PM
john, hows mtk these days ?,must be at least 3 year s since i came on one of your training courses,is jim box still on the firm ?

MTKkeefy
26-10-2006, 06:44 PM
Yet more changes at MTK, hopefully for the better!

Atlast a CEO who seems to want to get the job done!

If MTK were a publicly traded company, now would be the time to buy :-)

clivemtk
31-10-2006, 09:43 PM

John. is it same old marshalls treat you like mushrooms keep feeding you bull\sh idid 26years in 2sessions

Samarjit Sen
01-11-2006, 02:38 PM
Have been in the refrigeration field for the last 42 years. It has been my own family business and now am running the show. We undertake the complete projects in refrigeration and special application of air conditioning like for severe and high ambient conditions as for Steel Plants and Coal Mines, Refrigeration is mostly either Post Harvest conditioning, or Low Temperature application as for Ice Cream or Blood Banks etc. From designing to execution but generally with halocarbons.

MTKkeefy
01-11-2006, 05:59 PM
is it same old marshalls treat you like mushrooms keep feeding you bull\sh idid 26years in 2sessions

Which depot? I feel like a mushroom today.

clivemtk
02-11-2006, 10:56 PM
Which depot? I feel like a mushroom today. warrington mtk used to be top dog now you are just a number more care for their engineers and less on pda and trackers might not go a miss

Absolute Zero
05-11-2006, 07:15 PM
I Work for GAH in south wales, been in the trade for 12 years ,and 7 with GAH and on call every day getting hard to switch off now

LW by any chance? :)

RapidRun
05-11-2006, 10:19 PM
3 years at TK Norway. Mostly installation

Reeferjon
09-11-2006, 02:18 PM
LW by any chance? :)

SDM you old bugga you :D

Absolute Zero
09-11-2006, 08:35 PM
SDM you old bugga you :D

lol Too much of a clue eh!;)

MTKkeefy
09-12-2006, 10:41 PM
ReeferJon, Are you in Cambridge for the `Big Opening`?

What do you know about this latest recruitment drive aswell? Goverment training thingy. Just what I heard on the grapevine!

Hope all is well over at Aldridge, lets hope for an increased engineer presence soon!

Keith

fordrules
10-12-2006, 07:48 PM
I'm a reefer tech in the midwest us. We work on TK, carrier, espar, and red dot.

hiitsme
10-12-2006, 10:25 PM
Service manager & senior tech @ the hungarian distributor of Carrier. Mostly chillers and controls ...
(planning to move to OZ or NZ ASAP)

thermo690
14-12-2006, 10:24 AM
what happened to tom and the rest of thermotrans men ?does anyone know of craig bells wereabouts?

Hi there well I’m one of the late Thermotrans crew….we have all moved on :( :( (the good old times:D )

Tom is with TK Northern
Steve and Greg have set up on their own, in and around Barnsley
Crag is with Pullmans Doncaster
And Me (Martin) I have moved to Oz and work for Carrier Brisbane

All the best Martin

fridg
15-12-2006, 09:41 AM
Hi there well I’m one of the late Thermotrans crew….we have all moved on :( :( (the good old times:D )

Tom is with TK Northern
Steve and Greg have set up on their own, in and around Barnsley
Crag is with Pullmans Doncaster
And Me (Martin) I have moved to Oz and work for Carrier Brisbane

All the best Martin

Martin do you know or have you heard of a Peter Moore
he used to work for carrier for a number of years, he
still consults with them , but does do a few block
trainings at Logan trade college each year.

He is a guru on conditioning of air , have a yarn to him if you can , he does travel a lot to keep up with the changing trends in the industry , one of the nice guys in the trade.

M Nasir khokhar
15-12-2006, 10:38 AM
hello all
i just be come member of HVAC community

FREEZER1970
15-12-2006, 08:34 PM
hi guys,new to this site,been transport engineer for 10 yrs now,5 with mtk cambs,and 5 with michael wards,still with them now

thermo690
16-12-2006, 03:58 AM
Martin do you know or have you heard of a Peter Moore
he used to work for carrier for a number of years, he
still consults with them , but does do a few block
trainings at Logan trade college each year.

He is a guru on conditioning of air , have a yarn to him if you can , he does travel a lot to keep up with the changing trends in the industry , one of the nice guys in the trade.

Hi m8............. I have just got to Brisbane (Gold Coast) so I've only just started with carrier here, but I will look out for Peter.

Martin

chillerman2006
17-12-2006, 10:30 PM
EX. MTK:)
EX. Carrier:)
EX. Hubbard:eek:
EX. GAH:eek:

did all that transport fridge training (THANK's MTK/Carrier)

then found the grass is much greener on the other side, now chiller's, AHU's/close control - much better condition's all round & it's a lot cleaner

just applied for aussie visa - should be there within a year - working even less hour's than i do now for even more money & of course much better weather:D

reefermadness
25-12-2006, 09:17 PM
Whats the going rate for a licensed tech (government certified) with experience in the UK? Are any of the shops unionized?? Shops here are paying 25 dollars an hr CDN. I think that is low considering its one of the lowest payed trades in Alberta Canada. Labourers here are getting over twenty an hour.

Any thoughts out there.

ReeferMadness

schartruse
28-12-2006, 05:46 AM
I've been an engineer for 2 years mostly working on smaller 500ton centrifugal units in hosptials and such. I'm moving up to a larger NH3 plant where I'll be in charge of complete operation and maintenance of the plant.

absrbrtek
29-12-2006, 03:33 AM
I'm just a pleb who has been practicing chiller repairs in the USA for 30 years. :)

chaco
30-12-2006, 09:45 PM

John.

Hi Guys!

I´ve been working on stationary refrigeration units and now i´m starting my own Workshop service in Transportation refrigeration (TK, Transicold, etc) i hope counting with your guide and advice guys...

Take care you all... i´ll see You around! stay Cool!

chaco.

Lippygit
31-12-2006, 01:46 AM
I'm a Sparks who retrained on AC , installing for 4 years and the past 5-6 years have been involved in service and repair , mainly on splits and VRV but moving on to larger DX and chillers with the guidance of our oldest apprentice (he's 67 and has forgotten more than I will ever know)
Steve

adams?
03-01-2007, 06:01 PM
hello all
trained up on mates dads firm. been self employed ever since (11 yrs ish). seems like lots of tech support/training guys/gals here, best place to come for help!

reefermadness
06-01-2007, 09:19 PM
Transport is all i do, thermo king carrier thermo routier and Zanotti

TSK
07-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Hi there, Started in fridge back in 69 with Prestcold as an aprentice, moved to Hall Thermotank around 75 had a quick look at ammonia jobs and got moved into design office, moved out quick to service eng at Climate, there 20 years doin A/C & chilled water inc Centrifugals on good old safe R12 (they said) moved to smaller company when parent company taken over, been here designing again for nearly 10 years, times flown by.

Gaz r
08-01-2007, 09:42 PM
Hi every body I work for what is now Johnson Controls, formally YORK New Zealand Ltd been here since they were Sabroe in 2000, I am now the service Supervisor for there Christchurch branch. :D

mr cool
08-01-2007, 11:19 PM
I am in lowestoft and work for space as a supervisor in the ipswich/ cambridge corridor. and it was not me or any of my boys that did it! it was like that when we got there!

barrythe fridge
11-01-2007, 11:32 PM
hi everyone

last apprentice to come out of petter refrigeration back in 1988 before tk took over worked for transfrig (cough cough) then worked for a transport refrigeration company doing everything from frigoblock to carrier been self employed for 11 years doing transport and commercial refrigeration also a hubbard dealer.

The Wanderer
21-01-2007, 11:01 PM
Hello everyone

Left school at 16 and went straight Michael Ward LTD and still there 11 years later.
Work on all kinds of transport equiptment,
Thermoking
Carrier
Frigoblock
GAH
Hubbard
And unfortunatly bloody Zanotti but not if i can avoid it

Geoff Wooler
06-02-2007, 06:19 PM
Hi all
Been Reefering for 20 years now,Sealand Inc. and Grenco UK. now work for my self and refurbish reefers for the domestic market,still do shippers for the odd customer have a workshop in gravesend and have just taken on a fitter, a big lump of a lad called Tom and he's doing fine

Mayball
02-03-2007, 12:44 PM
I have been working on boat refrigeration (and some air conditioning) for about 10 years. Since many of my clients will be sailing to the South Pacific or through the Panama Canal to the Atlantic, I also try to instruct them on the maintenance of their systems.

Gary
12-04-2007, 03:40 PM
Sorta semi-retired after 40 years as a service tech. Currently on call a few nights a week for Jadeco in Tampa doing supermarket refrigeration (yes, moderator Dan Dan is my boss) plus selling a few (TECH Method) books here and there to supplement my income.

You name it, I have worked on it... and will eventually write a trouble shooting book about it. I have written four books so far... and being a glutton for punishment, I focus on the hard part i.e., trouble shooting.

bruceboldy
12-04-2007, 11:00 PM
This was fun to read all of the things people do and come from I started in 1970 in ammonia refrigeration, went on to work for FRICK in the usa then started my own construction group for Industrial refig. After many years of getting beat up by clients I now do Applications for TRANE IN TEXAS OKLAHOMA
Come visit some time....

fridge tiff
13-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Hi all, don't post too often as currently in a desk job.

In my other life I was the refrigeration engineer on British aircraft carrier (and will be again next year.)
I work on a mixture of systems from Halls chilled water plants to Scotsman icemakers and anything in between that should be cold and isn't.

coolincab
11-06-2007, 10:07 PM
hello there tend to do more reading than posting cos av only been at vehicle air con for 10 year and missed out the training all together although i did see a profesional service a system last year. still manage to buy a loaf at the end of each week though so recon i could mabe be ok at it

claude11
14-06-2007, 06:44 PM
Been on this site for a couple of months & learned alot .
I'm a fourth class power engineer with a refrigeration operator A certificate .working on my 3rd class .I been doing this 4 years
1 year in a fish processing plant with 2 large 200 hp ammonia reciprocating compressors and 2 rotary sliding vane boosters.
3 years in another fish plant with 2 200 HP Mycom screws and a 400 mycom screw (Ammonia)
And I just started this job 15 ***** compressors (25 - 125 HP) . I had started a job away from home for a month before this one came out , so i came back .
Alot of fish processors looking for qualified operators in Newfoundland .

thermo690
27-07-2007, 11:37 AM
Hi John

I been working for Carrier Tranicold (Pullmans)for 4 years or so.......... before that I was with Thermotrans working on all sorts from TK & Carrier to Coke machines:(

Hope to be in Oz very soon/ Hopefully there will be some Australian engineers on here?:D

M

Hi John We made it to OZ..............are now living the live down under and loving it:D:D

pixsy
27-07-2007, 09:53 PM
hi ppl,
I'm new to the tech side of R/ac Did three years just brazing pipe and pulling cables. Been out of the game 2 yrs and just got back into it with a local up&coming firm called Jordon Refrigeration.

Pleased to meet you all

superswill
27-07-2007, 10:54 PM
Eight years in the trade(still a pup),mainly AC install and service, splits and vrv cut my teeth at the now deceased air continental before a stop off at a smaller family run firm/distributor to gain a better understanding of the business side of the industry before recently joining a large uk based FM firm where hope to specialise in service and technical on VRV,VRF ect
Eight great years but never stop learning

jbear
08-08-2007, 12:00 AM
At last Ive found people who are as or more insane than I am .... Started out in the motor trade, moved on to install work, mainly Frigiblok and Hubbard, then moved into service work on just about everything which moves, TK , Frigiblock, GAH, Hubbard, CCL, the list is endless, been mainly on Carriers for 18 years or so mainly in London and East Anglia.

Oh and a hello to Mark Roberts, what a lovely place to live Trefiew is. Most of my family from Llanrwst ...

fredsr55
08-08-2007, 01:18 AM
HVAC-R instructor for 10 years in southeast Missouri. Worked in the trade for some 30 years.
Have a good day!

HallsEngineer
16-08-2007, 04:27 PM
Im a Halls engineer large ammonia installs, just moved to commissioning. All halls machines even 8x8 monos any problems give us a shout, i might not know but i know a man who will.

Deejey
17-08-2007, 01:44 PM
Started my apprenticeship in 1955..been lucky enough to have worked in most aspects of the trade. Started teaching refrigeration in 1983 in Western Australia retired in 2002..couldn't handle it so am now back teaching full time again.been fortunate enough to teach in Asia as well. My son also became a fridgie and has worked in China & Canada...He is now back in Perth but is going back to Canada to live

paul_h
17-08-2007, 02:38 PM
Started my apprenticeship in 1955..been lucky enough to have worked in most aspects of the trade. Started teaching refrigeration in 1983 in Western Australia retired in 2002..couldn't handle it so am now back teaching full time again.been fortunate enough to teach in Asia as well. My son also became a fridgie and has worked in China & Canada...He is now back in Perth but is going back to Canada to liveDid you teach at carlisle tafe? I went there 1991-1993, doing a pre apprenticeship there first.

Deejey
18-08-2007, 08:48 AM
Did you teach at carlisle tafe? I went there 1991-1993, doing a pre apprenticeship there first.

I was at both Perth Tech and then later Carlisle when it was built but by 1991 I was a Manager at TAFE and no longer teaching. who were your lecturers??

paul_h
18-08-2007, 08:56 AM
I was at both Perth Tech and then later Carlisle when it was built but by 1991 I was a Manager at TAFE and no longer teaching. who were your lecturers??
Bob boll for the pre app, Alf, wayne arbery. There was another lecturer called Wayne (edit: thompson? ) I think. That's all I remember really, it was a long time ago. I think there was a lecturer who had a 'chill west' van or something.

Deejey
20-08-2007, 12:54 PM
Bob boll for the pre app, Alf, wayne arbery. There was another lecturer called Wayne (edit: thompson? ) I think. That's all I remember really, it was a long time ago. I think there was a lecturer who had a 'chill west' van or something.

Alf and Wayne were there..Wayne used to be one of my apprentices...Bob Boll and Wayne Thompson started after I became manager..

ozairman
22-08-2007, 05:10 PM

Were you teaching at Perth Tech around 86-89? I went through the old Perth tech when you actually learn't stuff and the module crap was only being thought about. I seem to think that I was in the last group to finish their studies at Perth before it went to Carlisle. The scenery at lunchtime on the Terrace and all the dental nursing students was always quite nice:)

Deejey
23-08-2007, 09:26 AM
Were you teaching at Perth Tech around 86-89? I went through the old Perth tech when you actually learn't stuff and the module crap was only being thought about. I seem to think that I was in the last group to finish their studies at Perth before it went to Carlisle. The scenery at lunchtime on the Terrace and all the dental nursing students was always quite nice:)

Yes I was teaching at Perth Tech until we transfered to Carlisle so I was there when you were there...PM me your name..I may remember as we didn't have a large number of apprentices in those days

JimOtt
24-08-2007, 11:19 PM
I run a large Inn in North Carolina and service the hvac

Bonehead
01-11-2007, 09:52 PM
Hi all, completely new to the forum, have recently fallen into transport refrigeration install work, mainly Hubbard, GAH and a bit of Frigoblok. Looking to gain more skills and hopefully get out on the road for service and breakdowns in sussex area, should the oppertunity ( how the hell do you spell that :) )present itself.

clivemtk
01-11-2007, 10:39 PM
been in transport game 40years dont jump to get on the road with winter coming glad you done some g a h maybe we can assit each other

clivemtk
13-11-2007, 11:32 PM
do you have any wiring diagrams of g a h before circuit boards came in

TOTTIHS
18-11-2007, 09:38 PM
Worked for MTK & Transfrig, TF Group, NRC, NRC Bott all we could do in the finish was take bets on what we were going to be called next week, best move I never made was not to go with that volvo dealership that tried to butt in.
Took a job with a big aircon company as a service engineer big shock when I was told to turn up with a shirt & tie couldn't believe how easy those guys had it, home at an hour when people hadn't been in bed for 4 or 5 hours was taken to one side by service manager & told slow down he didn't want to be invoicing jobs for 1 hour 15 minutes just a tad different from "the good old days" oh how I miss them!

steve-ctrl
21-11-2007, 09:34 PM
clivemtk, i've got some g.a.h pre-circuit board wiring diagrams, which ones do you want?

clivemtk
22-11-2007, 12:28 AM
rapier super rapier javelin etc thanks clive

REEFER-TEK
25-11-2007, 03:37 AM
Greetings All I am a private consultant/instructor for transport temperature control systems. I am based out of Syracuse New York USA.

It is new but a growing communtiy, i hope that i may see some of you here drop in and give it a helping hand, in tech advise as i will continually drop in here and help out the best i can.

Regards R-T

coldone
25-11-2007, 11:25 PM
Been working in this industry in Cheshire for 21yrs....Partner in a small company now , looking for engineers anyone interested? get in touch

REEFER-TEK
28-11-2007, 04:05 PM

Best regards...

I was starting to wonder if there was anyone from the US here.

Hi Im shawn from Syracuse NY, I to am a technical support provider and instuctor of my own company.

sharonrod
01-12-2007, 04:41 PM
hi guys

steve here from malta, europe, been working on domestic refrigeration and air cons for 5 yrs, this year went back to learning and hopefully will get a degree in refrig..

PRESS
09-12-2007, 09:56 PM
hey there

13 years in HVRAC industry

PRESS
09-12-2007, 09:59 PM
hey there

13 years in HVRAC industry moved arround in southern african countries for the past 5 years. aspiring to go and work in the uk.

absolute-zero
10-12-2007, 07:54 PM
greetings all, A-Z here... over 15 years of TRU experience. trying to post some stuff to get past 15 so ican post a really cool thread.

Regards A-Z

Absolute Zero
13-12-2007, 04:22 PM
Welcome absolute-zero

Cool Name ;)

Big John
13-12-2007, 06:23 PM
hi. willy, working for mtk. used to work for tk dealer in saudi for around 12 years, did we meet ?

absolute-zero
17-12-2007, 03:05 AM
Welcome absolute-zero

Cool Name ;)

dang!!! how about that,,, two A-Z in one place.:D;):D.

Big John
17-12-2007, 02:08 PM
karl, we must have met, i worked for the saudi dealer for many years, we fitted the tcti boxes over in jeddah and riyadh.i know p.d well. back in the uk working for mtk.

Cold Consultant
10-01-2008, 02:53 PM
Hi John,

Just checking in!

PRESS
16-01-2008, 11:17 PM
hie

Its PRESTONE. i have in the industry for 15 years

abbsnowman
27-02-2008, 09:08 PM
I own a transport refrigeration company on the west coast of Canada. We do everything that has climate controll and wheels. (Except cars, the owners are too cheap!):cool:

Kh1971
01-03-2008, 08:58 AM
Hi,

I am Mech. Eng and working for the last 10 years for the refrigeration filed and now I am maintenance manager

Khalid

pipemaster
14-03-2008, 12:34 PM
HI john just another mtk bod checking in. :)

William Taylor
15-03-2008, 08:16 AM
Role Call,
Should have a nickname like "Grandad" have been in the refrigeration industry since Sept. 68 Worked in all areas of the industry except aviation. Spent 23 years running a university workshop, have been working since 93 for one of the worsted bosses I ever had "ME"what a heap. At present travelling Australia with the Managing Director whose eye sight is failing.
Regards to you all
Bill Taylor

daniel ox
18-03-2008, 09:27 PM

John.

HI, i'm an ex tk tech support in aust, went out on my own 2 yrs ago, after over 10 yrs at tk, are all tk dealers across the world the same arrogant a/holes as they are in oz, peter from trans frig is looking at bringing them down under this yr, i spoke to him a few times, my thoughts are can he be trusted??

daniel ox
18-03-2008, 09:37 PM
Role Call,
Should have a nickname like "Grandad" have been in the refrigeration industry since Sept. 68 Worked in all areas of the industry except aviation. Spent 23 years running a university workshop, have been working since 93 for one of the worsted bosses I ever had "ME"what a heap. At present travelling Australia with the Managing Director whose eye sight is failing.
Regards to you all
Bill Taylor

Hi Bill, when your in melbourne it would be good to hear some of your experiences of the industry and how much it has changed, lets us know when your coming down this way

absolute-zero
19-03-2008, 03:52 PM
HI, i'm an ex tk tech support in aust, went out on my own 2 yrs ago, after over 10 yrs at tk, are all tk dealers across the world the same arrogant a/holes as they are in oz, peter from trans frig is looking at bringing them down under this yr, i spoke to him a few times, my thoughts are can he be trusted??

Oh boy, I guess it would be to safe to say,, you do not have friends at TK in your area.:(

The dealers here in my area are not arrogant A-holes, but do uphold a high level of secrecy in confidential information. This does not make them arrogant A-holes,, this makes them competitive.

Just like you, I am a from a former TK dealer of 12 years. I now am self employed, however I still up hold a high level of professionalism and respect toward the members of Carrier and TK.

It may be a good idea for you to take the same humble approach.;)

Regards A-Z:)

Rosco
27-03-2008, 06:27 PM
Hi everyone :).

Im Ross and im an apprentice [3rd year] and i work at Thermoking Northern in Glasgow. Thats all to say really lol :).

absolute-zero
31-03-2008, 03:05 PM
Hi everyone :).

Im Ross and im an apprentice [3rd year] and i work at Thermoking Northern in Glasgow. Thats all to say really lol :).

Hi Rosco:cool: good to see an active member.:)

Fireblade02
01-04-2008, 10:58 PM
Hi to everyone working on this interesting job called transport refridge...
I'm working since 1991 on TK and the other provider if need occurs. Never lost the pleasure because of the job itsself- hope it is going on like this.

abbsnowman
02-04-2008, 05:44 AM
With regards to TK dealers, I can only speak for my area but yes! Yes they are!
Who's transfrig?:confused:

exxu
02-04-2008, 06:11 PM
My field of practice is the "Clean Rooms" concept. GlobalPharmaService from Romania. Obviously, we need refrigeration too. So, i started to learn this too.
Regards.

majo
03-04-2008, 06:29 PM
4 years in environmental simulation chambers in Belgium.
Since january together with a UK company.

Since 1 year also heatpumps (altherma) in domestic installations.

deu58
15-05-2008, 09:02 AM
Hi all,

Just found and signed up for this forum, my first exposure to AC/R was in Denver Co, I worked in the HVAC dept at Anaconda Tower from 83 to 87,

We were like maytag repair men though and really did not do much, every thing was contracted out,

The only thing we did with the chillers
was start monitor and secure them,No maintinance on them,

I later joined the US flag Merchant Marine, I sailed below deck for several years and then moved up to Reefer/Electrician,

My primary job is the monitoring and any neccesary repairs of refrigerated Cargo containers, Mostly Carrier and TK with a few Daikens thrown in to keep life interesting,

My primary instructor has been service manuals so there is much I really do not know,

I especially love the daiken manuals because they are translated from Japanese,

"Start button you push now, if start button you push and you hear big boom you have big problem, Call Technician right away!"

deu 58

Disco3
15-05-2008, 10:46 AM

Hi Daniel

I am one of there service agents in JHB .
dont stress about it, I have never had an issue with him.

absolute-zero
16-05-2008, 03:53 PM
Hi all,

Just found and signed up for this forum, my first exposure to AC/R was in Denver Co, I worked in the HVAC dept at Anaconda Tower from 83 to 87,

We were like maytag repair men though and really did not do much, every thing was contracted out,

The only thing we did with the chillers
was start monitor and secure them,No maintinance on them,

I later joined the US flag Merchant Marine, I sailed below deck for several years and then moved up to Reefer/Electrician,

My primary job is the monitoring and any neccesary repairs of refrigerated Cargo containers, Mostly Carrier and TK with a few Daikens thrown in to keep life interesting,

My primary instructor has been service manuals so there is much I really do not know,

I especially love the daiken manuals because they are translated from Japanese,

"Start button you push now, if start button you push and you hear big boom you have big problem, Call Technician right away!"

deu 58

Greetings deu58,Welcome to RE. Merchant Marine ehh? My grand father was a merchant marine during WWII. Oh the story he has told me over the years have been quite compelling and interesting. I am very fond of grandfather and uphold much respect for the man. If and when he, expires he will have left behind a great legacy.How about sharing some of those Daiken manuals with me. I do not have much in refernce of these manuals in electronic PDF. A-Z

Lippygit
17-05-2008, 03:15 AM
Allegedly A-Z

Allegedly if you contact one of the Daikin companies in the UK they will send you a cd with most if not all the pdf manuals you should ever require.
That said I have requested the ellusive cd on a number of occasions from different Daikin Suppliers/ Agents and I am still waiting for it to drop through the letterbox ( after at least 6 years and no amount of promises).

I have however been assured that like the Loch Ness Monster it (said CD) REALLY does exist.

Should I ever get a copy I will share it :D

Steve

Will
17-05-2008, 05:36 PM
I especially love the daiken manuals because they are translated from JapaneseI hear ya, I've nicknamed it 'chinglish'.

absolute-zero
19-05-2008, 12:44 AM
Allegedly A-Z

Allegedly if you contact one of the Daikin companies in the UK they will send you a cd with most if not all the pdf manuals you should ever require.
That said I have requested the ellusive cd on a number of occasions from different Daikin Suppliers/ Agents and I am still waiting for it to drop through the letterbox ( after at least 6 years and no amount of promises).

I have however been assured that like the Loch Ness Monster it (said CD) REALLY does exist.

Should I ever get a copy I will share it :D

Steve

Hi Lippy, thanks, but I could not really read your whole post; as I was distracted by the Moose Nuckle in your avatar. He He He

fridgability
27-05-2008, 12:04 AM
Hi Guys and Girls (?)

Im probably the grandaddy of all, been in transport refrigeration since 1967 and still at it. Served my time at Petters

Anybody remember PA20's M20D's KL's PKW''s Not to mention PCL, PDL, PDU, US62, BSA engines, Wisconsin engines And Sundstrand hydraulic pumps, as used on Sainsbury's Rigids and artics.

What about the engineers- Bob Cole, Pete Greenway (Peter Petter) Roy Wicks, John Fairburn (later Fairburn & Bruce), Ken ... (Later MD of Hubbard).

Worked for Locomotors/Truck Cooler until the end in 1974, since then worked on my own on just about all makes of transport refrigeration, and now also commercial.

Used to do a bit for Collis Cold at Fareham, Knew Bob Bourne before his Transfrig days. Arghh TF and those delightful Future units with the PLC,s, Evaporators that broke away and jammed the trailer roller door so that you could'nt get in the trailer, You had to shut yourself in the trailer to work on the rear cooler.

I'm rambling on a bit, it happens at my age, any other memories from my era?

icecool-chriser
06-06-2008, 07:15 AM
Hello John,
from your discription I think i know you. I worked with MTK for 3 years Based out of Swindon. Now at Carrier Southern, been here for 6 years. Hope all is well
Regards
Chris.

charlesuk
12-06-2008, 08:22 PM
Hi John,

Remember red fruit and veg is best. A little fish oil and red wine too. Hope you're still training, I'm still cycling (just!!) Spelling should be perfect because my wife's typing this!!!!

All the best

Charlie (and wife)
Ex Avonmouth MTK

Reeferjon
16-06-2008, 12:48 PM
Hey Charlie.......good to hear from you.....Yep still training, glad your still cycling, Fish oil is the dadies.....should be made a global food source I think :-)

Reeferjon
16-06-2008, 12:49 PM
Chris, how are you...been a while...not much has chaanged here....

clivemtk
16-06-2008, 08:42 PM
i have heard there is a new look reefer jon slimmer in build it must have been all those meals at mtk training

Reeferjon
17-06-2008, 09:54 AM
i have heard there is a new look reefer jon slimmer in build it must have been all those meals at mtk training

hehe...yep Clive....:o

clivemtk
17-06-2008, 08:48 PM
almost got a c\d together have u got smc2008

Taffy
17-06-2008, 09:19 PM
My name is Dave (AKA Taffy) Ive been in the game for 25 years and still learning, hope you lot are doing well, catch you on site one day maybe..

Taffy
17-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Hi Guys and Girls (?)

Im probably the grandaddy of all, been in transport refrigeration since 1967 and still at it. Served my time at Petters

Anybody remember PA20's M20D's KL's PKW''s Not to mention PCL, PDL, PDU, US62, BSA engines, Wisconsin engines And Sundstrand hydraulic pumps, as used on Sainsbury's Rigids and artics.

What about the engineers- Bob Cole, Pete Greenway (Peter Petter) Roy Wicks, John Fairburn (later Fairburn & Bruce), Ken ... (Later MD of Hubbard).

Worked for Locomotors/Truck Cooler until the end in 1974, since then worked on my own on just about all makes of transport refrigeration, and now also commercial.

Used to do a bit for Collis Cold at Fareham, Knew Bob Bourne before his Transfrig days. Arghh TF and those delightful Future units with the PLC,s, Evaporators that broke away and jammed the trailer roller door so that you could'nt get in the trailer, You had to shut yourself in the trailer to work on the rear cooler.

I'm rambling on a bit, it happens at my age, any other memories from my era?

OMG i worked at Fairburn and Bruce he he back in 1987!!!!!

frankyfridge
19-06-2008, 06:23 PM
hi just joined the forum as thought it would be fun to talk to all the other mtk engineers of all the ups and downs that marshalls keep going through. i was an lgv tech who did a stint with ryder trucks and got into fridges.had two years away in mid eghties at a main truck dealers and then went to pullmans for seven years doing everything from trucks/trailers/generaters/fridges/taillifts/{don t tell mtk as they are trying to train everybody on these]/24-7-365 call as nobody wanted it,then after 4 months out then did six months with glenside before they became carrier southern.at that time i moved to mtk where i ve been for 10 years next month..hope jhon and jim are doing well at aldrige,not been there yet.seen lots of mtk and just hope they go forward this time.pda !!?nice idea but!. would be good if more engineers were onboard to get some more comunication between depots to find out whats happening,would save mtk`s phone bills

icecube51
22-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Hey Guys ,

i love to get mi hands on anything what has to do whit refrigeration.;)
except for transport cooling. never had the change to get educated in that aria, so i am smart and don't mess things up and leave it alone. :o
but if anyone has some literature on the subject,i love to read it.(hint for the instructors among you)
so than maybe, i can be of help to anyone.

cya , Ice

cooltruck
26-06-2008, 10:56 PM
hi jhon .hows it going. hope all is well hope tk is not getting you down too much

ptsac
06-07-2008, 10:50 PM
Hello, worked for a couple of chiller service contractors and a major manufacturer. I have been self employed for the last seven years

prasky
07-07-2008, 03:19 AM
2 years @ TK Calgary, Alberta, Canada. 4 years on my own and loving it. Mostly working on trailer units - Carrier and TK. Been waiting for a site like this and so happy to be here!!

bruisermac
08-07-2008, 04:33 AM
13 years at Hiway Refrigeration in Vancouver, BC Canada speacilizing in container reefers...TK, Carrier, Daikin, Mitsubishi

skrewy
09-07-2008, 07:26 AM
ive been in working on reefers for the last 8 years at two carrier dealers in Ontario, this is a great forum if anyone needs help. im sure ill be checking it regularly

marsVesselin
28-07-2008, 04:45 PM
I am an independent refrigeration engineer from Bulgaria.

I've worked for 5 years for Carrier Transicold. I've worked on TK too. Nice to be with you. Best wishes.

:)

icecool-chriser
05-08-2008, 08:09 AM
Chris, how are you...been a while...not much has chaanged here....

Hello john,

I'm smashing thanks.

hours are longer with cts but nothing else changes, still same spannering but different badge on the doors.

I hope you are well? I still speak to john who woks out of iceland swindon for you chaps he is very busy trying to mantain tr1000.(poor man he was obviosly very bad in a former life!!)

I dont kow if you remember but it was you that introduced me to computers on the computer & dataloger corse, I aint much better now but keep trying.

If you still see Jim Box please pass on my regards

all the best
chrisr.

haojiexp
06-08-2008, 04:22 AM
Here is Robert Hao, had worked in Carrier Transicold China just for 1year as training manager. Before it, I worked in Danfoss for 3years as sales manager for Commercial Refrigeration OEM field.

icecube51
10-08-2008, 02:15 PM
i can not believe there is no one ho has a training manual for transport cooling to spare. all you fine folks bragging about the experience the have, but an answer to mi question seams not possible.i taught the major goal for this forum was to help each other.

thanks any way.

Ice

Peter_1
10-08-2008, 03:23 PM
Ice, what exactly do you need? My friend is owner of Westcool here nearby.http://www.westcool.be/home/home.htm
He started years ago at Matthys in Gent .

icecube51
11-08-2008, 08:16 PM
hey Peter,

i want to learn and understand the principals of transport cooling. if there is some kind of manual or training stuff, it would make me very happy.

thnx for trying Peter,

Ice

abbsnowman
14-08-2008, 05:11 AM
hey Peter,

i want to learn and understand the principals of transport cooling. if there is some kind of manual or training stuff, it would make me very happy.

thnx for trying Peter,

Ice

I never brag for the record, thats others here.
Pick a manufacture and machine and I will try to email you manual and answer questions you may have. Cheers!
mark@futureclimates.ca

JJ_MacD_RMC
20-08-2008, 07:26 PM
... I am kind of an HVAC/R poser, if you will. I just started about 2 months ago, working for the Enviromental Division of IMS. My "HVAC" job is to drain refrigerators for our metals yard... Based in Ontario Canada.

john1
11-09-2008, 10:20 AM
Browse and Apply to numerous Jobs in the motor Trade at the motor trade recruitment website of
Octopus MTR.

Midaho
11-09-2008, 12:52 PM
I am new to the industry. I am a mature Student (39) in Melbourne AU taking Cert III. Before that I spent 20 years in the Electronic Security industry in the UK mainly Service and Installation. I am looking for work experience if anybody has any leads. I get two days off a week to work. Due to complete in 12 months. I am heading in the Mechanical Services direction.

Have joined the forum to naturally join the community and to aid my learning and understanding.

TimSaxon
11-09-2008, 04:10 PM
Transport guy checking in. Been in the industry for some 15years now in UK and can't see me changing for a while.

john1
16-09-2008, 10:09 AM
Browse and Apply to numerous Automotive Jobs at the motor trade recruitment website of OctopusMTR uk.

ljason286
25-09-2008, 06:59 PM

John.
Hi to all i work for carrier transicold southern(glenside) in kent been with them for 10 years worked for reefur services(RVL) be fore that for 2 years then frist job was with my dad at LONGHURST TRANSPORT REFRIGERATION in sittingbourne kent which my dad sold out to MTK 12 years ago which i lasted 6 weeks with the the rest is history
IF you have been in the transport game for i long time you will know that name LONGHURST well
By the way my name is jason

xihan
01-10-2008, 10:14 PM
do you have some information on xarios 500 control?? do you think it is possible to make a control to fix it?? If its possible send me some info on it, I need the circuit and Schematic to develop the tester!!

xihan
01-10-2008, 10:26 PM
well I am just a beginner on this field!! and I see all you guys have been around for sometime, hope to learn a lot from you!! I am an engineer in electronics for 10 year in control systems. I just made a tester for board tk and works very good! I will try to work on Carrier too!!

jeff carson
02-10-2008, 10:04 PM
i am 25 years in the making will work on all can artic, trane, carrier, and t-k .

abbsnowman
03-10-2008, 06:31 AM
i am 25 years in the making will work on all can artic, trane, carrier, and t-k .

I too am in Canada. Send me a pm and I can share some info!

mercury_blues
07-10-2008, 07:30 AM
Well I'm from Canada as well... south western Ontario now. I started a few years back with my father & brother in Niagara. T.A.G. inc... got tired of the BS of a family business, now I spin wrenches for Erb Transport in New Hamburg...

abbsnowman
07-10-2008, 04:18 PM
Well I'm from Canada as well... south western Ontario now. I started a few years back with my father & brother in Niagara. T.A.G. inc... got tired of the BS of a family business, now I spin wrenches for Erb Transport in New Hamburg...

Welcome. How do I get that account here on the left coast? lol