PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering?

Robearbam
10-05-2006, 12:05 PM
Has anyone heard of or been in the field where a notebook can be hooked up to an interface of a refrigeration or AC system to monitor all aspects of the operation. Sort of like a vehicle's interface. I kind of think it would really be nice to tap in and see pressure's, temperatures, current, limits, voltage etc without even touching a valve. I don't know if anything like this exists yet but I would sure like to see it in the near future. Outfitting initially would be a bit high but, maybe it would save time, be safer and cut down on venting. Any thoughts?

Peter_1
10-05-2006, 06:40 PM
any better brand has it since many years: Daikin, Mitsubishi, Panasonic, Hitachi,...
We installed a Mitsubishi +/- 9 years ago.
I bet you're a young tech.:D

NoNickName
10-05-2006, 08:30 PM
Yeah, nothing new here, move along.
I'm doing supervision and adjustments to parameters of units in France while sipping my coffee with my nice long-legged colleague.
Picotech has been providing current measurements with remote monitoring since long ago.
EXVs can be adjusted to increase or decrease superheating across the atlantic pond.

Peter_1
10-05-2006, 08:39 PM
Is that the same Picotech (UK based) from which we use USB datalogging equipment?

US Iceman
10-05-2006, 08:45 PM
Most of the industrial refrigeration systems I see have this capability. You can view the data from any PC using the internet or a modem.

If fact, these systems also usually have a dedicated PC so you can see anything that the control system is connected to.

Very helpful if the control system is done correctly.

NoNickName
10-05-2006, 10:03 PM
Is that the same Picotech (UK based) from which we use USB datalogging equipment?

I don't know :)

Eheh... I think so, they are selling oscilloscopes and other instrumentation.

Robearbam
12-05-2006, 11:23 AM
any better brand has it since many years: Daikin, Mitsubishi, Panasonic, Hitachi,...
We installed a Mitsubishi +/- 9 years ago.
I bet you're a young tech.:D

Actually I'm not young at all. All the aspects of my job are PC based and I just wish the AC/Refrig world would catch up a bit. I realize equipment has such capabilities but only a few brands. My point is the cheapest auto on the market is just as computer literate as the most expensive one. I'm not out in the field to see all that's there...guess I'm missing a lot.