PDA

View Full Version : Daikin BRC230Z8 Field Settings / Service Manual

Madz
22-08-2016, 01:39 PM
Hi Guys

Hoping someone can help me with more information about this controller. The user manual is very brief and like most of the daikin stuff I've seen, seemingly written by someone who has english as about their third language. There must be a more comprehensive service manual and/or a table of the various field settings for this controller kicking around.

If you can help me out, please let me know

Cheers

Brian_UK
22-08-2016, 03:37 PM
Have you asked Daikin?

frank
22-08-2016, 08:32 PM
Here you go http://www.daikin.com.au/wired-zone-controller-brc230-24z48-operation-manual

Madz
22-08-2016, 11:07 PM
Thanks yes that's the operation manual I have too - it devotes all of 1 A4 page to "FAN · DRY · AUTO · COOL · HEAT Operation" which is basically the whole operation of the unit...

For other controllers I've seen much more detailed service/install manuals online. I'm after the same for this one. I have asked Daikin, but it's like pulling teeth trying to get any information from these manufacturers, maybe installers get a better level of service, but I had the same problem when I was originally considering buying an actron ultima and had a couple of questions, ended up buying the daikin instead just because of the lousy tech support from actron. Now I have a question with the daikin and am not fairing much better - you ask several questions in an email and if you're lucky, get a reply answering just one of them. All they sent me was one specific field code for making one change. I don't understand the need for so much secrecy around all this stuff - if I buy a TV there are not secret codes to change the brightness or contrast or audio settings.... I've paid a lot of money for it I should be able to set it up the way I want, within reason - different story with settings that could damage the unit, but there seems to be a whole lot of 1B field settings for this controller and these are what I'm most interested in...

One of the main questions I have that I can't seem to get a straight answer on is what the difference is between "auto" fan and "auto" low, "auto" med, "auto" high fan. Daikin just copied and pasted the section out of that manual which doesn't even acknowledge there is more than one auto mode and is clear as mud anyway. My idea of an "auto" fan is one that starts out blowing on high and reduces as unit approaches the set point, eventually stopping completely in HEAT mode when the compressor is off. But that's not the behaviour I'm seeing from the unit on any of those auto modes.

Madz
22-08-2016, 11:10 PM
Brian btw from what I've seen around the internet Daikin support in the UK is pretty responsive and helpful, I could ask them but I think this particular controller is an australian designed one, so not sure if it's used in the UK

Madz
23-08-2016, 10:59 AM
So from what I have been able to find out, it would seem that auto fan modes are not about auto fan speed, as you might reasonably assume, but rather just means the fan automatically turns off when set temperature is reached. However it only does this when the indoor sensor (in the return air path) is used. If you're using a different temperature sensor, selecting one of the auto fan settings makes no difference vs selecting a standard setting.

I've also managed to get hold of the service manual for this controller, so if you need it, PM me