PDA

View Full Version : ETC alarm on Carell Mastercellar controller

wheelo
10-08-2016, 10:15 PM
Has anybody come across an ETC error flashing on a carel Mastercellar controller. The clock symbol is also flashing. The controller came with the cold room which has been unused and without power for some time. I tried pushing the program button and the arrow up for more than 5 seconds, but this won't clear the fault. From reading the manual this is a real time clock fault which can be reset manually or automatically.
Has anybody any ideas how I can clear this fault?

cadwaladr
11-08-2016, 12:50 AM
Download the manual,and try resetting it to its default settings,it's a carel controller and from memory the password is 22 but you have to be quick or it locks again.

wheelo
12-08-2016, 09:01 PM
I was back at this today, found the problem was in parameter TC, which is the controller timer. Set the year, day,month ,day of week the hour and minutes and the day number of the week.
The ETC alarm cleared. The only problem I see now is if the power is turned off the error returns and the clock needs to be reset. It seems to store the other parameters but not the internal timer? Seems a bit strange if anybody has any suggestions please let me know.

Guner Edip Riza
13-08-2016, 12:02 AM
The MasterCase can be fitted with an RTC card (with backup battery) for managing the defrosts at set times
Check and replace the battery.

Kenneth199
18-08-2016, 07:33 PM
Are you running defrost cycle at a specified time? If your not you can just ignore the alarm because your not using the function.