so i added more refrigerant
suction press reached 65 psi
and amp draw reached 13
which rise gradually until it reached 15 so compressor overloaded
is that blockage or bad compressor

Airsteve
07-08-2016, 10:20 AM
Hi Kefah
Have you tried a pump down test on the compressor?
As far as a blockage is concerned checking Superheat and Subccoling will assist in diagnosing.

kefah
07-08-2016, 10:52 AM
i did this to charge outdoor unit only by weight
i closed the discharge and attched manifold to suction
and started compressor
when system sucked 1.900 kg as in name plate
i closed suction line
and switched off unit

ok if pump down done then i have blockage and compressor ok??

Airsteve
07-08-2016, 11:20 AM
The basic health checks would be compressor pump down to 0psi. If you can achieve this then the compressor is most likely ok.
Superheat (aim for 6k as you would already know)
Sub cooling (if high then blockage, check capillary, blocked drier etc)
Also check non condensables. Assuming fans, coils etc are clean and working ok. You mentioned you replaced the suction line. Was it an identical size? How did the original one fail?

al
07-08-2016, 11:31 AM
Kefah

Your compressor sounds ok, if it wasnt pumping properly then your liquid line wouldnt be iced up, sounds like the drier might be blocked.

recover your gas and change the drier, flush some nitrogen through the outdoor and indoor units in case of capillary blockage and vacuum and recharge.

nike123
07-08-2016, 04:34 PM
There is no driers in most split system AC units!
Only filter!

If compressor curent is 80% or less than on nameplate, compressor is probably inefficient! But that is case only if everything else is fine.

Check my blog entry:
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/entry.php?355-9-superheat-amp-subcooling-scenarios

"discharge line" in split system is part of evaporator , since it is after capillary. It is filed with gas-liquid mixture of certain "quality". Mixture is present because of pressure drop in capillary and phase change of refrigerant occurred by heat energy spent to cool down liquid refrigerant to saturation temperature of refrigerant at that point (phase change energy). That doesn't necessary mean that you have any restriction.

First check air flow across evaporator with air flow meter, and if evaporator is clean from any dirt. Than charge by weight.
Than measure compressor current at max fan speed. If current is within 80-100% then measure superheat.

Low room temperature and low humidity and low air flow can be cause of smaller diameter pipe icing as well as evaporator icing.

Quality could be found and understood by looking at Pressure Enthalpy Chart for that refrigerant.

nike123
07-08-2016, 04:38 PM
Superheat (aim for 6k as you would already know)

Superheat with capillary tube as expansion device is variable and not constant!
Therefore, charging by weight is easiest and only secure way to properly charge system and to eliminate improper charge as probable cause!

kefah
07-08-2016, 04:45 PM
evap is clean
room is very hot
charged by weight
fan speed is max and ok

nike123
07-08-2016, 04:54 PM
But that doesn't mean that air flow is correct. You should measure it to be sure.
Than check for supply pipe collapsing at bends and (filter-drier, if present) blockage by moisture (heat portion of pipe where it start icing by hot gun).

From your first post, and if we asume that above is correct, than we have this scenario:
MILD RESTRICTION (factory charge) = High superheat. Low suction pressure, indoor TD & current draw. Normal to high subcooling. Normal to low head pressure

kefah
07-08-2016, 05:05 PM
thank u all
for very useful info
80% its blockage in filter or capillary

nike123
07-08-2016, 05:07 PM
Could be moisture, vax or oxidation if brazed without nitrogen.
Check with hot gun at point where icing start, but only after proper charging by weight.
If cappilary is cold to touch at beginig, than it is filter blockage!

kefah
07-08-2016, 05:25 PM
ok
i will check then reply u