PDA

View Full Version : Insulating suction of Mycom screw compressor

RANGER1
23-07-2016, 11:40 AM
Had a client request the insulation of compressor to prevent any ice on suction compressor at all.
This is pretty unusual to me, does anyone have any practical ways to do it or seen anything out there.

Can't help but think it's going to be pretty ugly & another expense when removing it for service.

Josip
24-07-2016, 10:16 AM
Hi, RANGER1 :)

Had a client request the insulation of compressor to prevent any ice on suction compressor at all.
This is pretty unusual to me, does anyone have any practical ways to do it or seen anything out there.

Can't help but think it's going to be pretty ugly & another expense when removing it for service.

Please check attached photos ... this kind of protection is "standard" for Howden screw compressors installed within open area to reduce noise and to protect compressor from low or high temperature ...

I will try to find out who is manufacturer ...

I know this maybe is not the best solution of your problem ....

Other way is to make a precise removable aluminum cladding for compressor area to be insulated ... then protect compressor with grease or similar to avoid injected polyurethane to stick and then inject insulation foam ...

Quite expensive job, but if client like to pay ... there is no limit ;) ... to be nice.

Or the most simple thing to install kind of SS or aluminium tray under compressor to collect water from melted ice ...

I do hope you'll get some good idea ...

Best regards, Josip :)

RANGER1
24-07-2016, 10:35 AM
Thanks Josip,
Strange request for client not wanting any ice formation on compressor in my opinion.
Just a accepted thing & you can tell by looking at it if plant running correctly or not.
Thanks for your pictures, will have to ask insulation company what they can do.
This is on Mycom screw, so a bit harder than Howden.

Lodiev
31-07-2016, 07:18 AM
Hi Ranger
Their is a insulation clay on the market for this and it is not expensive at all. It is normally used in the shipping industry. Just search it on Google.