PDA

View Full Version : Dittmann vacuum water distilation system troubles

NH3ISFORMEE
21-07-2016, 03:57 PM
I have a vacuum distilation system for a silver plating wire operation. This is a R22 system that operates a distillate tank at -.8 to -1.0 BAR hot gas leaves the compressor and goes to a heat exchanger in the tank that will cause water to seperate from the chemical solution,boil off, and at the top of the tank is a evaporator that will condense the water vapor. I keep tripping on hogh head 400 psig. After the tank refrigerant laves the heat exchanger and goes to a air cooled condenser. Yes the fan works and the coil is clean. Liquid leaves the air cooled condenser and is metered by a danfoss tex 5 txv orifice no 2 to another tank this time insulated that accepts the condensed water vapor from the first distillate tank. The txv feeds another evaporator where suction gas travels to the first evaporator then to the compressor. Can anyone help me out. This is a German machine to which my customer has NO DOCUMENTS and somehow they managed to piss off the manufacturer so tech support is not an option for me here. I'm ready to jump off the roof on this one!!!!

Brian_UK
21-07-2016, 05:36 PM
When did the unit last work correctly?

Has anyone else been working on it?

Is it overcharged?

NH3ISFORMEE
21-07-2016, 06:30 PM
It's been a problem child off and on for different reasons, not overcharged. My angle right now is to determine if my vacuum is good in the tank. Discharge gas goes into the heat exchanger submersed into the solution from 164-250 deg F with the tank at -.8 to -.9 BAR, at least I think the gauge is reading right. In the process of getting another gauge to verify vacuum pressure.

RANGER1
21-07-2016, 08:48 PM
NH3,
As you mention verify your gauges & thermometer.
Can you measure condenser air on/of.
Feel condenser return bends, are they hot/cold
measure outlet temperature of condenser & liquid line exiting liquid receiver.
If you can turn system off for a period, does system stand still pressure equate to saturated pressure.
Is there anything else in discharge line that can cause a restriction, like non return or stop valve etc.

hookster
22-07-2016, 06:46 AM
Have you checked your boil off coil for contamination?
Take some temperature measurements from compressor leaving and hot gas heat exchanger in/out.
Other items may be faulty compressor discharge valves. Take some readings for compressor suction / discharge etc and around the circuit.