PDA

View Full Version : Manitowoc EC Series "Wash" Cycle and Evaporator Thermostat Position

eejc
17-07-2016, 01:12 AM
Hi,

I have a Manitowoc ECS023AL air cooled unit and would like to confirm with a professional that this unit does in fact only fill with water once the thermostat is first tripped, and therefore runs with no water for the first cycle unless it is manually filled? This is the information I gathered from the circuit diagram:

The manual is slightly confusing as to whether a wash cycle is supposed to fill the unit with water from the mains inlet or not:

Initial Start-Up
1. Water Inlet
Turn the toggle switch to wash/fill,the water fill valve and pump are energized, wait for 90 seconds, then turn the switch to off position. The water inlet valve on this machine energizes in the harvest cycle, therefore priming the system with water will allow
the system to start up next cycle with a full reservoir of water.

Also, could I confirm the evaporator thermostat position is correct on the cube trays?

Thank you for all your help.

Tayters
17-07-2016, 10:19 AM
Water inlet valve is only energised on harvest (see it's wired with the hot gas valve) so yes, you need to fill it up yourself or wait for a cycle on initial start up.
Evap probe probably be fine. Can't say I know the exact position but there should be an adjustment on the thermostat body to adjust ice thickness.

Looks clean!

Cheers,
Andy.

eejc
17-07-2016, 04:10 PM
Hi Andy - thanks for your confirmation!

Guner Edip Riza
17-07-2016, 04:45 PM
Copied from Manitowoc manual.

Ice Making Sequence of Operation INITIAL START-UP
1. Water Inlet
Turn the toggle switch to wash/fill,the water fill valve and