PDA

View Full Version : Newish, what weird RAC jobs are are there??

Lukey_Boi
11-07-2016, 11:42 AM
Morning everyone!

I'm Luke from Solihull area in Birmingham UK, I've been a memeber of this forum for a few years now, never posted anything but have used the advice given in the treads...

Ive been a service air conditioning engineer since i left school about 10years ago... Touched on install a little but service and commissioning is my fortay

I have been wondering wether to take my skills in a different direction, so was wondering what weird and wonderful jobs people do on here? I want a change from fixing and commissioning big systems in big offices!

As a bit of a sideline last year i did car air con and that was a lovely change

Thanks and any suggestions welcome!

al
12-07-2016, 08:54 PM
You want weird and wonderful try commercial, you'll meet every whack job of a customer and every type of cooling system under the sun!

Tayters
12-07-2016, 10:21 PM
MRI scanners use some sort of helium set up for cooling, this in turn is cooled by a water chiller so if that goes down you've got about to fix it sharpish before the helium vents. A good few thousand to recharge.

First F gas course I was fleeced for there was a guy who did them. Not the chillers but the helium bit. That's about all I know about them but different from a Foster fridge. Not so different if you do them all day though!