PDA

View Full Version : Dixell XR60CX. Wine kegorator override

DG Fats
06-07-2016, 01:32 AM
Hello all,
Total novice here so please speak slowly. I am converting a micromatic wine kegorator to a 4 tap beer kegorator for my home brew. It is dual chamber for both red and white wine. Each chamber has the Dixell XR60XC digital temp controller, but they only go down to 40 and 54 degrees.
I have found a manual online and can access the the second hidden menu to lower the lower limit temp setting.

Www.mtlcool.com/docs/dixel_xr60cx_user_manual.pdf

Section 7 low set point

It seems it takes the lower temp when I enter it but the temperature never gets close to the 35 degrees I set it at. It actually doesn't seem to move at all.

Any ideas if I may be using the wrong setting or if this is just a limitation of the controller and/or condenser?

Any other ideas on how to achieve the desired temperature if this method won't work?

Thank you in advance!
Rob

DG Fats
29-08-2016, 10:22 PM
353 views and zero replies.... Need a little more help than that. Quick update...the compressor still runs but now it cannot maintain a temperature below 60 so they may be shot.

Tayters
30-08-2016, 12:10 AM
If the compressor is still running but not getting any colder then you've got a problem with the system (short of charge, condenser blocked, restriction, all the normal stuff) or it isn't designed to take that extra bit of heat out you are asking.

If it's the former then apart from checking the condenser coil is clear and evaporator isn't iced up (not sure what type you have) and fans are spinning correctly you'll need a man in the know to sort it. I read it that it isn't getting as cold as it used to so guess this is the option you are looking at.
If it's the latter then need a system redeisign. I.E, chuck it out and get a different one!

Cheers,
Andy.

PS, hot summers not always the best time to get responses. :-)

mikeref
30-08-2016, 09:09 AM
XR60? A pair of XR20's would have been suffice.
Press and hold "SET" until display flashes. Release ( set) and use the up and down arrows to change the temperature set point. Press "Set" again to confirm your desired temperature. Display will now show current cabinet temperature.

This is easily reversed or changed to another desired temperature. Going into the second level is for trained tech's only. Reckon you set an alarm for low temperature.

chemi-cool
30-08-2016, 04:20 PM
LS means sort of protection to the room set point.
if you set the room setpoint to 4C and you don't want anyone to set it lower, you set the LS to 4C and this action will not let you set the room setpoint below the LS setpoint.

Always remember to press SET after any change you make. The screen will flash 3 times and your change will be permanent until the next parameter change.