PDA

View Full Version : What to do next after open high side valve (newly installed split unit)

hvac_weng
12-06-2016, 04:54 PM
Hi. After connected pipings at those indoor and outdoor joints. Usually we will open the high side valve with Allen key. Then purge the refrigerant at the low side refrigerant adapter and then only open the low side valve. Is this the correct way?

Brian_UK
12-06-2016, 10:09 PM
NO.

You should evacuate the lines to remove moisture after your pressure/leak test.

Only then should you open the valves, no purging of refrigerant.

Dr._Fleck
13-06-2016, 12:23 AM
It's the correct way if you want to purge but what Brian is saying is you should really get a vac pump.

Magoo
13-06-2016, 01:02 AM
No purging of lines with refrigerant to atmosphere, pressure test lines with nitrogen then evacuate then open valves.

cadwaladr
13-06-2016, 02:18 AM
Sadly that's what people do but it's wrong,vacuum observe the regs

hvac_weng
13-06-2016, 06:19 AM
Thanks for the info.

What you guys mean is after I have opened the high side valve I have to vacuum the suction line and then only open the low side valve?

Leon47
13-06-2016, 08:18 AM
Hi, after installing the piping and connected everything to indoor and outdoor connect a vac pump before opening any valves. If you have any gauges there should be a -1 reading that tells you that vacum is being done. I love to leave them around 30 min before I open the valves to let the gas in the piping.

mikeref
13-06-2016, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the info.

What you guys mean is after I have opened the high side valve I have to vacuum the suction line and then only open the low side valve?

Valves on the outdoor box are closed. Connect your copper tubes to both indoor and outdoor box. Gauges are important. Connect the Blue hose to the valve on the outdoor box brass valve that is hidden under a 5/16 cap nut.
The Valve depressor is in the angled end of the blue line.Now you are set up for a pressure test......

Would someone kindly explain the remainder of this process before i consider sniffing Glue :(

Brian_UK
13-06-2016, 12:16 PM
Please warn all of those watching you fit this machine that you do not know what you are doing, cannot read instruction books, and it might all go bang,