PDA

View Full Version : Air Conditioning unit making loud buzzing sound? Video attached

jordanoye
09-06-2016, 03:14 PM
Hi,

Was using my air conditioning unit when all of a sudden it started making a loud buzzing noise.

I turned it off for 20 minutes and turned it back on and the noise continued.

After 30 minutes of having it on with this noise it still works fine, cold air coming out perfectly.

Even when switched onto the fan only mode , when the compressor is off etc.. it still makes the noise.

Any ideas on what it could be or what to do.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, video attached.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl3_CK1cEZY&feature=youtu.be.

monkey spanners
09-06-2016, 05:43 PM
Check to see if something has fallen into the fan, maybe got in via the flex duct. Difficult to tell what it is as the audio makes it sound more like a growly compressor.

back2space
09-06-2016, 10:35 PM
Compressor failing!!

Good^Man
11-06-2016, 12:28 AM
No. OP said he was running fan-only and still making the noise.
Relates to the fan/fan motor.

back2space
28-07-2016, 11:45 AM
We need to see a video with it with fan off as that loud noise in the video is definitely the compressor.

Good^Man
29-10-2016, 11:00 AM
Whilst it sounds like the compressor, the noise is still present during fan-only, so have to exclude the compressor.

Noise has to do with the fan.... maybe capacitor or fan motor or fan bearing problems?

DanielSmith1
22-12-2016, 10:01 AM
If your air conditioner is making loud buzzing sound, then might be your air conditioner is facing issues of compressor malfunctioning, frozen AC unit. Another reason could be loose air conditioner parts.

mikeref
23-12-2016, 08:09 AM
If your air conditioner is making loud buzzing sound, then might be your air conditioner is facing issues of compressor malfunctioning, frozen AC unit. Another reason could be loose air conditioner parts.

OP says the noise is still there with Compressor shut down. It has to be related to the Evap fan or power supply from the PCB.
I can't view OP's Video. Does someone have a Mirror of that vid?

DanielSmith1
06-01-2017, 04:21 AM
No,the video attached is not working.

PaulZ
06-01-2017, 05:22 AM
Hi Mike
Original post was 6 months ago I think jordanoye may have had it fixed by now. When I opened the video it said it does not exist so probably wouldn't worry about it.
Regards
Paul

mikeref
06-01-2017, 07:31 AM
Ta Paul. Been here for several years so one would think checking op's time of posting would be standard practice by now....
Teacher in Primary school said i would forget my Head if it weren't screwed on. :o :off topic:

aarenabbi
19-04-2017, 06:30 AM
Better you open all your air conditioner and then check inside air conditioning that what is happening. May be one pane broken inside and that creates noise.If the coil fins have become clogged with dirt, the air conditioning in glasgow (http://www.airconditioninginglasgow.co.uk/) unit may become noisy.You may prevent the occurrence of noise by oiling the air conditioner motor at the beginning of each summer.