PDA

View Full Version : Frost Rail Glycol Lines

Brian Flynn
26-05-2016, 02:36 AM
Aloha, I am trying to install a frostrail on my bar. It is made of stainless steel 25 ft x 5 1/2 inches. I have a condensation and drip tray beneath of it. I have a high powered glycol unit and am trying to figure out the best/simplest way to configure glycol lines to the bottom of the stainless rail to ensure that it frosts evenly and well enough. After installing the glycol lines I will provide heavy insulation. Any help is appreciated.

Simontaylor
26-05-2016, 08:57 AM
Aloha, I am trying to install a frostrail on my bar. It is made of stainless steel 25 ft x 5 1/2 inches. I have a condensation and drip tray beneath of it. I have a high powered glycol unit and am trying to figure out the best/simplest way to configure glycol lines to the bottom of the stainless rail to ensure that it frosts evenly and well enough. After installing the glycol lines I will provide heavy insulation. Any help is appreciated.

What is the tubing diameter and arrangement of the low side of the system? I'm involved in the transport side of the industry but in my minds eye I imagine a coiled line inside of the stainless tube. The low pressure coiled Evap/suction line would have a refrigeration effect on the tube the same as what you would see if you had an unlagged suction line in a normal ambient