PDA

View Full Version : thermo king retrofit from 69l to 404a

cadwaladr
17-05-2016, 12:07 AM
I have one sb 3,that used to have 69l and want to retrofit it to 404a I don't think it would require an oil change maybe a compressor shaft seal would be recommended any advice appreciated.

charlie patt
18-05-2016, 08:09 PM
Hell fire where has that been? If I remember correctly 69 l or 403b was drop in for 502 which was a mineral base refrigerant it had a bit of hydrocarbon in it to aid oil recovery so I would think oil change to ester is required we used to do 32 on freezer 68 on chillers 46 on both for mixed usage when we coverted up we lost lots of discharge vibrosorbers due to extra heat so we used to shut throttling valve down a bit that worked well is it correct so 3 on 502 originally it was to new or no cad ?

cadwaladr
19-05-2016, 12:23 AM
It was made like that,I have talked the customer out of buying it,it's on a 1994 Gray Adams he was going to buy it to use as storage it's basically scrap although it does run but very little gas left in the old girl he has another mission for me an old portable cold storage blast freezer with a ten horse carrier condensing unit on r22 that will be easier to make workable,it's like antiques road show!