PDA

View Full Version : Trainee and Improver Oppertunities (Lack of them)

IRobinson
25-04-2016, 02:49 PM
Hi,

New to this site thought I'd give this a try I have over 7 years of facilities and general maintenance experience but I am currently 6 weeks from being fully qualified from The college of North West London in Refrigeration& Air conditioning Level 2 (hopefully going onto Level 3 in September) and currently looking for work experience as a trainee or improver.

I have a full clean driving licence and prepared to travel I currently live in Richmond Surrey. But am finding it really difficult to get anything.

I have emailed over 40 companies and plastered my CV everywhere.

Can anyone recommend anything. Or is there anything I should be doing that I am not at present.

I am currently working as a facilities Assistant, but need to get into my field now. I am ready.

Thanks in Advance

I Robinson

charlie patt
25-04-2016, 08:36 PM
Yes but it's in devon

abp32
25-05-2016, 10:25 PM
have you tried starting as a install mate or filter bashing doing Ac service as a way to get your foot in the door

cadwaladr
29-05-2016, 01:00 AM
If I got one hundred percent cost from the government I would take on somebody in the days that they were not attending college to show them the hands on,not sure if it's available if not it should be.

Rob White
30-05-2016, 09:56 AM

The next thing you do is visit the companies you
have contacted. You are going to have to make
a nuisance of yourself and speak to them personally.

Let them see you and speak to you.

See enough people and someone will hopefully
offer you something, if only to shut you up.

Keep at it, don't lose heart, you are working and
jobs come from jobs.

Regards

Rob

HVACRsaurus
30-05-2016, 12:23 PM

The next thing you do is visit the companies you
have contacted. You are going to have to make
a nuisance of yourself and speak to them personally.

Let them see you and speak to you.

See enough people and someone will hopefully
offer you something, if only to shut you up.

Keep at it, don't lose heart, you are working and
jobs come from jobs.

Regards

Rob

Like they say here in Aussie - the best thing you can have to get a job..... IS A JOB (hang in there mate, something will come up)