PDA

View Full Version : Please explain this diagram

Fakhr E Alam
14-04-2016, 08:38 AM
Hi there,

Can someone explain this diagram to me. i have encircled my queries and have named the A B C D E F.

A: can u tell from the connection the type of economizer employed? please explain all the inlet and outlet connections to the economizer

B: what is the function of this valve and line

C: is this an expansion valve? type/funtion

D: what is this connection given to the economizer. The connection from the compressor end of this line is like a cone.

E: type/function of this valve and line.

F:type/function of this valve

G: what is the emptying line for.

Brian_UK
14-04-2016, 04:14 PM
Where did this diagram come from?

The originator of the diagram should have provided a key to the components.

Grizzly
15-04-2016, 04:02 AM
Hi Fakhr
Welcome to the Forum.
Given your posts so far with direct questions about Sabroe plant you are involved with.
I am assuming "Flooded / LPR / Wet return" type Industrial plant is not your Speciality?
In the UK and & Ireland there has to be a PID (Pipework and Valve diagram for the relevant equipment displayed in or near to the plant room.
So that the Emergency services etc. can identify the flow of a system and its relevant Isolation Valves.

May I suggest you speak to your employers about some training with Sabroe or Others!
Grizzly

Fakhr E Alam
15-04-2016, 05:14 AM
Hi Fakhr
Welcome to the Forum.
Given your posts so far with direct questions about Sabroe plant you are involved with.
I am assuming "Flooded / LPR / Wet return" type Industrial plant is not your Speciality?
In the UK and & Ireland there has to be a PID (Pipework and Valve diagram for the relevant equipment displayed in or near to the plant room.
So that the Emergency services etc. can identify the flow of a system and its relevant Isolation Valves.

May I suggest you speak to your employers about some training with Sabroe or Others!
Grizzly

Here's the PID. Also please explain the vessel encircled in black. it has something to do with the lubrication oil, 1/4'' dia pipe is connecting and leaving all compressors to this vessel. Oil separator is just below every compressor. also each compressor block has its own oil cooling system. i think its an additional cooling system for the compressor?

Download at full resolution from here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9LgfE0uRZQGdWY1Q2IzemdGWW8/view?usp=sharing

I am new to this system. can you provide me some literature about this system.
Johnson controls will perform a maintenance in two to three months but i want to understand the system before their arrival.

please help me out. i am currently relying on this website totally.

Regards.