PDA

View Full Version : -80deg freezers

cbxkev
04-05-2006, 12:49 PM
Hi guys new to this forum - could anyone tell me if there are access holes for temperature probes on -80 deg freezers? I need to install temperature monitoring system on hospitals but wish to insert temp probe with the least disruption to stored matter. any help on drwings etc for this type of freezer would be much appreciated.

Kev

thebigcheese
04-05-2006, 06:22 PM
many that i have seen are just set in

phil68
04-05-2006, 07:30 PM
Some do some don't, depends on the manufacturer. Opening the door quickly & placing a probe in there won't disrupt the temp. too much, if at all if it hasn't got an evap. fan.
Does the CBX part of your name mean that you've got one of those Honda sixes Kev?

cbxkev
05-05-2006, 09:01 AM
Some do some don't, depends on the manufacturer. Opening the door quickly & placing a probe in there won't disrupt the temp. too much, if at all if it hasn't got an evap. fan.
Does the CBX part of your name mean that you've got one of those Honda sixes Kev?

Phil 1stly yes 1980 6pot. secondly I am responsible for temperature monitoring system installations and Hospital are asking for -80 freezers to be fitted with our kit. So im asking if they have an access point in the back/base for sensor or probe, these wont be fitted by opening the door and plonking them inside (unfortunately). So any info or knowledge where I could get drawings from would be fantastic.

Cheers
Kev

phil68
06-05-2006, 12:20 AM
Phil 1stly yes 1980 6pot. secondly I am responsible for temperature monitoring system installations and Hospital are asking for -80 freezers to be fitted with our kit. So im asking if they have an access point in the back/base for sensor or probe, these wont be fitted by opening the door and plonking them inside (unfortunately). So any info or knowledge where I could get drawings from would be fantastic.

Cheers
Kev
I'm rebuilding an '84 Z1300 at the moment:)
Sorry Kev, didn't read your post thoroughly enough. You'll find that most freezers intended for the storage of pharmaceuticals & the like have the facility for probe insertion for monitoring usually through ports that are re-sealable with bungs. But their locations vary from one manufacturer to the next. Any idea of the manufacturer of the freezers?

cbxkev
08-05-2006, 08:35 AM
Thanks Phil

The manufacturers so far are Denly, New Brunswick and IARP (or Wolf Labs) any help on this greatly received. Oh and by the way the CBX is going on ebay this week (very sad times).....

Thanks again Kev

tranquanghvac
25-05-2006, 09:07 AM
I suggest you using Maxim temprature sensors.
The new generation is in 1 wire communication standard so it is very easy to be wired and fixed. But the trouble is you need to have electric and microcotroller knowledge to apply it into yours. May be you can find some free application codes at Maxim's website. Their price is about 20Us

NoNickName
25-05-2006, 12:09 PM
Use wireless temperature sensors. Put the sensor in, close the door, and read the temperature from the outside as soon as the probe settles.