PDA

View Full Version : Public Liability Insurance UK

Andy T
04-05-2006, 10:21 AM
Anybody Know a good place to get Public Liability For me.A self employed Refrigeration sub contractor Sole Trader.What would be a good cover amount £1m,£2m etc? Getting quotes of £520 for £2m is the norm?

old gas bottle
04-05-2006, 02:16 PM
thats not too bad for our trade,we have 5 mill though for saftey,make sure you tell them exactley what you do though as it may affect your cover,ie computer rooms and production scares them.

Andy W
04-05-2006, 02:40 PM
Make sure you declare hot work then they go into shock and send you a list of exclusions. I had mine with Norwich Union through Barclays Bank as a sole trader working from home, when I moved into a workshop / office this year I had to get a different policy to cover visitors to my workshop and NU were the most expensive so I went else where.

djbe
07-05-2006, 10:00 PM
The price sounds about right.

I don't know your client base but would suggest 5 million minimum cover if your aiming to gain new business from larger companies.

We had to lift ours from 5 to 10 million to keep the work of one of our customers about 18 months ago. :eek:

Andy T
07-05-2006, 10:26 PM
Just Asked my main client. They said ok with 1mil ,don't seem enough to me.I have never burnt anything down in 20 years but the buildings I have worked in must be worth more than that.

old gas bottle
08-05-2006, 04:18 PM
go for at least three matey,it wont cost anymore,if it does shop arround,the larger banks do it, HSBC .