PDA

View Full Version : fisher and paykel e521t fridge low pressure freeing over

Greg0412
28-03-2016, 08:38 AM
hi everyone,

this fridge has the genuine compressor replaced. the replacement is upgraded and
has no cooler pass outlets on the compressor, so these line have been jointed together.
a correct charge of r134a gas by weight has been installed. the compressor suction line
starts to freeze over when the freezer compartment reaches -10deg Celcius. the fridge is kept cool by a fan from the freezer and fridge compartments. please advise on why freeze over occurs.

thanks
Greg

Magoo
28-03-2016, 10:31 PM
So long as correct refrigerant charge has been weighed in, the system will settle down once freezer compartment gets to design temperature.

Greg0412
02-04-2016, 03:13 AM
hi,
I have allowed the fridge to run for a few days and stabilize. the fridge and freezer are working to -18 deg and around 3 deg for fridge. the compressor is running cool. it makes sense that the return line would become colder as the evaporator drops it temp. thanks for the information.

Magoo
03-04-2016, 02:08 AM
You are welcome, once the freezer section is at design the flow rate and velocities will decrease and liquid refrigerant will be stable in the freezer coil section. If compressor is running coolish , not hot touch everything is in balance.
The two pipes looped effectively by passes the oil cooling function in the compressor, debatable if cooling or heating oil in compressor, and aiding any possible saturation during pull down period.
If it was my refrigerator I would insist on having actual original factory installed compressor fitted, but then again the other side, the oil cooler could of added heat and been demise of original compressor. What came first situation. Being F & P you will get the best up grade design application
magoo