r.bartlett
16-03-2016, 07:16 PM
I need to edit
contact details

please advise

Richard

chemi-cool
16-03-2016, 08:25 PM
Top right > settings > edit whatever you want.

The Viking
16-03-2016, 08:55 PM
Only available for responsible adults...

r.bartlett
16-03-2016, 10:12 PM
Top right > settings > edit whatever you want.
location edit?

Josip
17-03-2016, 08:21 AM
Hi, r.bartlett

location edit?

Top right -Settings -- then

left side

- My settings - go down

- My profile -- then you have -

- Edit Profile
- Edit profile Picture
- Edit Avatar
- Edit Signature
- Profile Privacy

under Edit Profile you have ...
Email&Password
Date of Birth
Privacy
Home Country

more down ... My Account ...etc

there you can edit all what you need ... don't forget to "Save Changes" before exit ;)

Best regards, Josip :)

Brian_UK
17-03-2016, 04:12 PM
Sorry Richard, you cannot edit the location.

It was disabled at the last major spam attack, you may notice that mine is incorrect.

chemi-cool
17-03-2016, 06:38 PM
If it is of any consolation, I know [and a few others] your new location...:cool:

eggs
17-03-2016, 10:57 PM
If it is of any consolation, I know [and a few others] your new location...:cool:

Hmmmm, yup. You kept that under your hat Richard. All the best.

Grizzly
18-03-2016, 06:10 AM

Well.
The rest of us don't and are suitably intrigued.
Grizzly

r.bartlett
28-03-2016, 07:40 PM
Well.
The rest of us don't and are suitably intrigued.
Grizzly

I sold up and moved to Tenerife.:-)
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?45244-Opportunity&highlight=tenerife

Grizzly
28-03-2016, 09:03 PM
Good for you, U lucky Bar steward.
Grizzly

r.bartlett
28-03-2016, 09:08 PM
Good for you, U lucky Bar steward.
Grizzly

Not luck, just willing to risk everything for a change of lifestyle :-)

The Viking
28-03-2016, 09:17 PM
I sold up and moved to Tenerife.:-)

So,
Then the big question is obviously if you got a spare bedroom for your friends from RE to crash in!

:D

Grizzly
29-03-2016, 05:30 AM
A brave move then RB!
I assumed you had taken early retirement?
Good Luck and it will be interesting on your future take on how our European Colleagues from warmer climes adopt the Universal regs we all love so much.
Grizzly

r.bartlett
29-03-2016, 05:53 PM
they are relaxed on somethings = no where to send recovered refrigerant but hard on others, no Spanish fridge licence = no buy refrigerant.
There is also a tax on refrigerants, R407c is 20 Euro's per kg. on top of cost.for example

I have not seen one switched isolator (indoor or outdoor) on any split install since being here. :-)

R32 safe install practice is going to be an absolute joke here btw:-)

Tycho
29-03-2016, 07:24 PM
they are relaxed on somethings = no where to send recovered refrigerant but hard on others, no Spanish fridge licence = no buy refrigerant.
There is also a tax on refrigerants, R407c is 20 Euro's per kg. on top of cost.for example

I have not seen one switched isolator (indoor or outdoor) on any split install since being here. :-)

R32 safe install practice is going to be an absolute joke here btw:-)

I worked on a ship in Las Palmas many moons ago and the freezing system was contaminated with seawater because Murphy had paid a visit. Compressor blew the star/delta starter to pieces --> 2 days to refurbish star/delta starter --> suction valve leaking, keeping the compressor unit at atmosphere pressure ---> oil cooler leaking, water pressure was 1.5 bar. Crew fixed the star/delta contactors and tried to start the compressor 4 times, all starts resulted in the contactors going from the assembled state to the spread all over the engine room floor state :)
Needless to say, in between the attempts, the compressor unit filled up with around 400 liters of sea water and they tried to start an XRV 204 that was hydro locked with sea water and the only thing they managed to do was to pump 3-400 liters of seawater into the system every time they tried starting it.

Bit off point, the ship had a charge of 12 metric tons of R-22, and we needed to get it off the ship and into tanks so we could send it to Norway to get it cleaned.

The supplier in Las Palmas was all smiles and he could supply us with 14 tanks so we could empty the system, until someone mentioned that it was contaminated *****, even though the ship owner would be paying rent for the tanks and it was promised that the tanks would be returned all clean, it was a no go.

In the end he offered to sell the shipowner cylinders that would hold 100 kg each, so in the end we got 140 cylinders...

so we ran a hose from the system to 5 bottles at a time, but it was so hot outside we could barely even get HP liquid out, so we rigged a tarpaulin over the deck to keep the sun out, and had the Philippino crew make a cooling system for the bottles, using copper pipes to spray seawater over the bottles.

Then we needed scales to keep track of how much liquid we put into each bottle.
so we sent the local agent out to hunt for cheap bathroom scales to use to make sure we wouldn't overfill any of the bottles.

He spent two days looking for scales, in the end he got his contact to get 5 beam scales shipped from mainland Spain.
(it was my first time in Las Palmas (6 times since) and I figured it would be hard to find stuff, but having to have beam scales shipped from the mainland? even then I knew he was getting a commission from his suppliers)

Here's what it looked like:
Blurred out persons that might not want to be on the web, but you can see the contraption
Blurred out persons that might not want to be on the web, but you can see the contraption
The culprit/oilcooler
The high point of the day after working for 12 hours straight, most of it spent under a tarp that while it protected us from the sun, made the ambient temperature 40-45C :)

Also, in Las Palmas, I needed a Danfoss RT-280 (as a level switch) and the agent took me to what I came to call the "toy store for fridgies" they had shelve upon shelve upon shelve with whatever you needed of danfoss parts...
A danfoss RT-280 would have had a delivery time of 1-3 weeks in Norway, and this shop had 4 of them in stock :)

Also, it's a rumor, but with the amount of Russian ships, with a full complement of crew, that has been abandoned by the owners along the Muelle Reina Sofia, you can get cheap ***** or any other parts you need for a larger refrigeration plant :)

A bit off topic, hope I didn't hijack your thread Bartlett, it just all came back to me when I read how they are hard on some things and don't care about other things and I remembered the part about the tanks and the bottles :)

frank
30-03-2016, 03:47 PM
Hi Richard

You will need to send a message to the Boss Webram who is the only person able to change your 'Handle' and location

mikeref
31-03-2016, 09:24 AM
Sorry Richard, you cannot edit the location.

It was disabled at the last major spam attack, you may notice that mine is incorrect.

Can RB edit his signature? As in: Moved to tropical *** where my glass is always full.