PDA

View Full Version : Polar T316 ice machine - tray drops once filled with water

nickholden
29-02-2016, 05:49 PM
Hoping someone here can help me. I have a Polar T316 which has worked pretty well until about a week ago.

Now each time it is turned on it runs through a startup cycle and gets to the point of filling the tray with water, and then the tray drops by about two inches and all the water runs away. Water then pours out of the filling tube for a while before the 'water low' light goes on, and there is (of course) no ice.

If I hold the tray in position for an entire cycle, everything else works correctly. Ice forms, and then the element heats up, the tray is released by the motor and the ice is correctly released and harvested into the hopper. Sometimes, just sometimes, the machine will run a cycle or two correctly before the tray drops at the wrong point and it gets into the 'water low' error state.

So the problem seems to be limited to the tray and motor assembly. I read another thread on here referring to a 'nut' which needs tightening but I cannot see any kind of nut in the connection between the tray and the motor. Can anyone give me some more specific advice?

Thanks

Nick