PDA

View Full Version : Bosch KKU3200 - Compressor Running - Not Cooling/Freezing

ARD
29-02-2016, 05:41 PM
I wonder if anyone can help. I have a Bosch KKU3200 Fridge Freezer. It's an old model now, but has been a great work horse over the years. A couple of years ago I had to replace the Compressor Starter, but nohting else has gone wrong with it.........until now.

The alarm was ringing and the temperature in the freezer was rising. When I open the door and close it the fan runs for about 30 seconds, then shuts off. I once again replaced the compressor starter unit, but didn't need to as the compressor was running and still is now.

But it isn't getting cold. I have searched the internet but cannot find a decent answer. I had thought about shorting the thermometers out one by one to see if that makes a difference, but with the compressor running already I don't think it can be as the display is reading the correct temperatures of both fridge and freezer (the fridge isn't chilling either).

I thought it might have got stuck in auto defrost cycle, but not sure, so hope someone here can possibly help.

Many thanks

redroge
29-02-2016, 06:00 PM
Loss of refrigerant or compressor not pumping

ARD
01-03-2016, 01:43 PM
Loss of refrigerant or compressor not pumping

Thanks for the reply, do compressors still operate if the gas has escaped?

chemi-cool
01-03-2016, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the reply, do compressors still operate if the gas has escaped?

Yes they do. Get a professional person to check it.