Servicefrigo
01-05-2006, 06:05 PM
Dear all
Can aneybody help me in this matter
I want to design a a mettod for heat a swimming pool for summer and winter
Can you give me some starts points?

NoNickName
01-05-2006, 07:16 PM
Some of our customers bought a geothermal heat pump from us and used it for heating pool and/or cooling space.

Jase
01-05-2006, 07:54 PM
Do you mean using heat recovery method for pool area?
For instance you may use re-heat method to increase pool water temperature to save on energy costs whilst at the same time dehumidifying the air within pool hall.

regards
Jase

frank
01-05-2006, 08:02 PM
I've got a customer where i've installed a small cooling unit with PHE for the condenser to cool his greenhouse. The rejected heat energy is dumped into the swimming pool and it works quite well.

I'm working on another design at the moment for my son's boss who is building a second home in Spain. he want to use solar collectors to heat the pool and then use a reverse cycle heat pump to heat the house (underfloor heating) from the pool water in winter. The unknown element at the moment is trying to determine the amount of heat energy from the solar collectors, i.e. sunny day in summer to cloudy day in winter :confused:

Jase
01-05-2006, 08:12 PM
Frank, you say that the rejected heat is dumped into the pool. By this, you mean into the pool water?
Also the unit you describe for the greenhouse;is it a Calorex hp.
The project you describe for house in Spain sounds interesting. Please keep forum informed of any advances on design.

regards
Jase

frank
01-05-2006, 09:16 PM
On the greenhouse unit it is a small system I built myself - L'unite compressor, PHE (circulating the pool water for condenser cooling) evap, fan etc.

anup
11-05-2006, 10:36 PM
Hi Servicefrigo!
I wonder whether solar heating will be sufficient. Even in India, during winter, it is not sufficient.
I would rather suggest to go for Air Source Heat Pump.
There is a company called Suncammand in South Africa who deals in pool cover. It has the capacity to retain "solar" heat in the pool.
The other option is to use stepwarm USA's floor heating which consumes very less power and superior than radiant/hydronic heating