PDA

View Full Version : Introduction Forums

Coldroom System
01-05-2006, 02:44 PM
Where are the introductions forum that i keep getting a message about?????

gregorm
01-05-2006, 06:48 PM
I couldn't find it either after getting the messages, and just assumed it was this forum 'New to RE'.:confused:

Peter_1
01-05-2006, 10:24 PM
Is this the one http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72
or via http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/
Don't forget to add your location on the RE Members Map.
Enjoy your stay and have a pleasant stay here.

Superheat6k
04-05-2006, 01:18 PM
Hi. I am new to the site so I may take the advice to remain silent and be thought of an idiot, rather than let my key board remove all doubt !

However, I do need some help from someone please ...

I found an old posting regarding Screw Compressor rotation. Can anyone help me find a formal reference to an ISO standard for power supply direction of rotation in relation to the power supply rotation direction ?

In my business we rewind Screw compressor motors for a living and I need to establish a clear technique for eastablishing a standard direction of rotation for a production rewound compressor, plus how this can be properly verified by a client's service engineer with relatively low knowledge level on how to check this, preferably without actually switching the machine on - the suction gauge falling check on start up to be used as a final verification only, rather than the primary check.

Can anyone help me ?

Superheat6k

Argus
04-05-2006, 02:52 PM
Nice to see you here, Chris.

We discourage direct promotion on this site, also, one post is sufficient in any case.

We hope that you continue to post on this site and join in the discussions.

________
Dodge B Series specifications (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Dodge_B_Series)

Josip
04-05-2006, 02:59 PM
Hi. I am new to the site so I may take the advice to remain silent and be thought of an idiot, rather than let my key board remove all doubt !

Yes, having a signature is a privilege only for site moderators ;)

BTW, why that is not possible for others on RE, WebRaaaam, please:confused: ?

However, I do need some help from someone please ...

I found an old posting regarding Screw Compressor rotation. Can anyone help me find a formal reference to an ISO standard for power supply direction of rotation in relation to the power supply rotation direction ?

In my business we rewind Screw compressor motors for a living and I need to establish a clear technique for eastablishing a standard direction of rotation for a production rewound compressor, plus how this can be properly verified by a client's service engineer with relatively low knowledge level on how to check this, preferably without actually switching the machine on - the suction gauge falling check on start up to be used as a final verification only, rather than the primary check.

Can anyone help me ?

Superheat6k

I believe your motors are for semihermetic.

With open compressors there is no any standard regarding rotation, for example, Sabroe SAB screws you rotate to the right if it is male driven comp or to the left if it is female driven compressor looking from motor side. Dismantle coupling and check rotation.

Semihermetic compressor is not so simple. It is not possible to make anything before installation becuse at each site phases L1,L2,L3 are not in the same order, can be L1, L3,L2 causing wrong rotation and damage to compressor.

It is possible to obtain an instrument with signal lamps to check rotation regarding phases but that can be done at site.

Check this link and see about some solution from Bitzer,

http://www.bitzer.de/_doc/download.php?d=s&f=sp-100-3.pdf

Look for INT389R and read it

client's service engineer with relatively low knowledge level on how to check this

Regarding this there is no help;)

Einstein used to say: Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Best regards,

Josip:)

frank
04-05-2006, 05:18 PM
BTW, why that is not possible for others on RE, WebRaaaam, please ?

Hi Josip

If you create a post with more than 100 words then your signature will be shown :)

US Iceman
04-05-2006, 06:03 PM
Can anyone help me find a formal reference to an ISO standard for power supply direction of rotation in relation to the power supply rotation direction ?

I'm not familar with any ISO reference for this, although there could be one.

The direction of rotation can be different for screw compressors. Some are male rotor driven, others are female rotor driven. This needs to be verified with the manufacturer.

For the open drive compressors with motor couplings, the center member is removed from the coupling hubs for a "bump test" to check rotation.

For semi-hermetic screws you can't do this check. You can do this is the field before start-up. As Josip suggested you need a phase rotation meter to verify the direction of rotation. This must be done before the compressor is energized!

...how this can be properly verified by a client's service engineer with relatively low knowledge level on how to check this...?

There is no way to make something idiot proof.

Either you provide a statement that the motor rotation should be checked before start-up or the owner has to call a professional.

Josip
04-05-2006, 08:32 PM
Hi Josip

If you create a post with more than 100 words then your signature will be shown :)

Hi Frank:)

can we count quotes;) , please :(

Best regards,

frank
04-05-2006, 09:02 PM
Sorry Josip - I don't make the rules ;)

Josip
04-05-2006, 09:19 PM
Sorry Josip - I don't make the rules ;)

Hi Frank :)

forget about signature :) I was yoking about.

I'm more interesting how to get in contact with lady from your avatar;) back side is nice, believe front side too:rolleyes:

Best regrds

Peter_1
04-05-2006, 09:38 PM
I'm not sure but I think everyone can add a signature in his private profile. Isn't it?
This is not a privilege for the mods only

US Iceman
04-05-2006, 10:16 PM
...back side is nice, believe front side too

I keep seeing a lot of discussion on avatars, but these do not appear on my screen.

What is the secret to seeing these?

Josip
04-05-2006, 11:45 PM
I keep seeing a lot of discussion on avatars, but these do not appear on my screen.

What is the secret to seeing these?

:confused: Hello US Iceman,

maybe you have to check this is in your User CP under Edit Options and go down to Thread Display Options

You have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts.
^Show Signatures
^Show Avatars
^Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code)

if not then ???????

Best regards,

Josip
04-05-2006, 11:49 PM
I'm not sure but I think everyone can add a signature in his private profile. Isn't it?
This is not a privilege for the mods only

Hello Peter_1,

tell me how :confused: and you have a beer ;)

Within map text box you can write only 50 signs/letters, so:(

Just found this under FAQs

What is the signature for?
After you have registered, you may set your signature. This is a piece of text that you would like to be inserted at the end of all your posts, a little like having headed note paper.

If the administrator has enabled signatures, then you will have the option to include your signature on any posts you make. If you have specified a signature, then the forum will automatically append your signature to any messages you post. You can disable signatures on a per-post basis by un-ticking the 'Show Signature' checkbox when you compose your message.

You may turn the signature on and off on posts you have already made by editing the post and altering the state of the 'Show Signature' option.

You can set your signature by editing your profile.

Sorry NO beer:)

Best regards,

WebRam
05-05-2006, 04:34 PM
this is a welcome forum, for new members to say Hi.

Please keep all other discussions in the releven forum, thanks everyone