PDA

View Full Version : Airwell Air Conditioners?

racs
01-05-2006, 12:03 PM
Hello all, i would like to know please what the general feelings are towards Airwell equipment from you guys.

NoNickName
01-05-2006, 12:59 PM
household appliances or CCUs?

racs
04-05-2006, 10:35 AM
Domestic ,Commercial and Industrial air conditioning ,http://www.ryanairconspares.com/index.php/airconditioning/air-conditioning-units-airwell

NoNickName
04-05-2006, 11:55 AM
I can say that CCUs are generally rubbish (i've seen air filters flying away from the coil), for the remaining equipment I don't know.

thebigcheese
04-05-2006, 06:24 PM
we have recently been installing airwell splits and have found some units work away ok but then some giving all sorts of problems

Andy T
04-05-2006, 10:47 PM
Just gave an Airwell GCXLM 14RC R22 it's yearly scrub up.Runs well all the features.Timer Heating,Cooling,Remote control,easy lift up filter cover,manual control under it.Compressor housing a bit of a pain.You have to strip all the sides to get to change anything.Never installed it,so can't say how flimsy it is.Unlike Amcor stuff oh no!!

racs
09-05-2006, 06:33 PM
So from the cracking response to this question i assume Airwell aint that bad?

techie
29-02-2008, 03:14 PM
Pretty good unit great quality jst a bit pricy one thing the french did right

declan simmonds
29-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Hello racs airwell are the worst of the worst in my opinon the quality of the plastics and the manufacturing i used to look after a site that had 30 air cassette units the lift pumps were not strong enough to lift the water so i was always going there on a regular basis in the summer for water pissing from the celing grids. and to acess the lift pump you literaly have to strip the whole cassette to pieces about 15 bit in total.
the outdoor condensers dont have defrost stats so if there heatpumps the just freeze up to much and then the condenser fans stops moving around which kills the compressor
the outdoor units dont have fan speed controller so if its winter and you want cooling the evp coil freezes up and drips water everywhere i didnt know they were french either the french should stick to what they know and not make a/c stuff please

superswill
02-03-2008, 04:53 PM
for me as far as the splits goes there so so and do what you expect for a mid range/priced system but oh boy are they ugly!!!!!!! huge great lumps of gray plastic,i hid in the van for an hour but it was still there on my return

thebigcheese
02-03-2008, 07:52 PM
dont do it boys its not worth the hassle