PDA

View Full Version : New Mods

WebRam
18-12-2015, 06:46 PM
Big hello and thanks to Grizzly for accepting Moderator status :)

Be gentle with him ;)

frank
18-12-2015, 11:07 PM
Who's Grizzly?

Welcome mate :D

Grizzly
19-12-2015, 03:30 AM
Thanks Frank.
You and I have talked before, have we not?
I am from South of Birmingham between Solihull and Warwick originally, I now live in Taunton and have been here for approx. 18 years. Bristol 11yrs before that!

For almost the last 12 years I have worked for first York and now Johnson Controls having been poached from J&E Hall.
At a time when I had , had 14months of working on Navy Ships in Devonport (Plymouth). When I actually worked for the Bristol depot.
Prior to that I worked for TDG -Novacold, and Excell logistics. (Industrial Coldstore Plant)

In my dim and distant past I have served as an Armourer (Gun Smith). been a fitter welder (Mig Arc and Gas!) Qualified to Level 3 G&G Toolmaker. I didn't do the 4th and final year as I got promoted (Works Supervisor- running the factory)
Oh! And had 2 businesses that both suffered / failed due to recession. Plenty of work but no bugger paying me.
Lack of Cash flow I think they call it?
I suspect you know all about that Frank?

Suffice to say last time I completed my Skill Card application Form.
They emailed me asking which trade I wanted putting on my card?

I am trying nowadays to find that nice quiet path towards retirement, only no bugger will let me.
JCI want to squeeze even more and No I certainly don't shout about working for them.

At a local level they are a good bunch, only that don't cut no Ice with a large Corporation.
Steve.

frank
19-12-2015, 06:15 AM
I was only joking Grizzly....of course I know who you are....and welcome to the other side :D

Like you I am trying my best to retire but the work keeps coming in....and it's difficult to let the customers down. Over the last 2 years I have slowly been bring 1 of my engineers into the office side of things with the intention of him taking the reins and it is working but he's not ready yet as there is so much to learn...especially how to avoid falling into the financial pitfalls. Already he's taken a job and when I said..well done - whats the payment terms - he said.....don't know, I assume 30 days as normal !
Turns out it's 120 days :(

No wonder I've lost my hair and have hypertension ...?.

Rob White
19-12-2015, 11:27 AM
Big hello and thanks to Grizzly for accepting Moderator status :)

Be gentle with him ;)

Be gentle with a Grizzly......... Perish the thought :DD

And for a man who is trying to wind down, taking the role of Mod
Is not exactly taking it easy. In all seriousness though, good look
With your new role and don't let all this new power go to your head.

:)

All the best

Rob

al
19-12-2015, 01:43 PM
Well done Grizzly, can't ask for a fairer nicer bloke to keep us on track!!:D

jonjon
19-12-2015, 08:33 PM
Good luck grizzly

mikeref
20-12-2015, 08:05 AM
Well there you go. Congrats Grizzly. I reckon you'll slide into that seat without a drama.:cool:

mikeref
20-12-2015, 08:18 AM
Be gentle with a Grizzly......... Perish the thought :DD

And for a man who is trying to wind down, taking the role of Mod
Is not exactly taking it easy. In all seriousness though, good look
With your new role and don't let all this new power go to your head.

:)

All the best

Rob

Oi Rob. Don't forget Brian UK retired, and hasn't slackened off none while painting his house.....or maybe Fishing while considering Painting his house :)

Rob White
20-12-2015, 07:07 PM
Oi Rob. Don't forget Brian UK retired, and hasn't slackened off none while painting his house.....or maybe Fishing while considering Painting his house :)

:D

A lot of people have more to do in retirement than they did while working.
Hopefully it keeps em young.:D

Rob

PaulZ
20-12-2015, 09:24 PM
Hi Grizzly
Congrats mate well deserved, you have always helped me and many others.
Regards
Paul

Grizzly
20-12-2015, 09:29 PM
One day you can take me fishing Paul.
Thanks to all the guys on the forum.
There are a lot of good guys on here.
I don't always advertise the fact that I may of advised / helped someone.
But Hey "who Needs To!"
Grizzly

PaulZ
22-12-2015, 01:13 AM
Hi Grizzly
Let me know when you get to Adelaide and we are on the water, boat is always ready to go.
Paul

Frikkie
07-02-2016, 06:48 PM
Congratulations for your promotion Grizzly.