PDA

View Full Version : Forum Design Updae

Rtic
12-12-2015, 11:58 AM
Come on guys; these Forums are starting to look old and dated. Is there any plans to give it a refreshed look in 2016?

Grizzly
13-12-2015, 01:19 PM
Hi Rtic,
Interesting concept.
However from my point of view the site is still suffering from issues, born of the last "Update!"

The last format was extremely popular and had a huge following, Yet it was changed.
Some call it progress, others do not!

I like to fine tune and improve as much as the next guy, but am wary of too big a change.
Maybe as you suggest a change would be good. But rebranding a product does not always work.

So I ask the opposite, Why Change?
Grizzly
PS Webram's budget and resources will dictate surely?

B G Scott
13-12-2015, 05:21 PM
If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Rtic
13-12-2015, 08:26 PM
Hi Rtic,
Interesting concept.
However from my point of view the site is still suffering from issues, born of the last "Update!"

The last format was extremely popular and had a huge following, Yet it was changed.
Some call it progress, others do not!

I like to fine tune and improve as much as the next guy, but am wary of too big a change.
Maybe as you suggest a change would be good. But rebranding a product does not always work.

So I ask the opposite, Why Change?
Grizzly
PS Webram's budget and resources will dictate surely?

The traffic on refrigeration-engineer has noticeably dropped over the last year or two, and I think the design might be turning people away. Now the site seems to be in a catch-22 situation where few people post because few people are replying, and vice versa. Now there are a lot of young engineers looking for help (let’s call them the Facebook generation!) that come and go because the site just looks messy and uninviting; these are the ones we want to stay to give advice to the next generation!

frank
13-12-2015, 08:37 PM
Come on guys; these Forums are starting to look old and dated. Is there any plans to give it a refreshed look in 2016?
Can you give us a link to a site that fits your idea of what the site should look like?

Rtic
13-12-2015, 08:57 PM
www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk

It’s pleasing to look at and more importantly easy to navigate through.

mikeref
14-12-2015, 10:19 AM
I would like to see " Quick Links" options include "posts from last 7 Days." It was featured before this current format dropped it. I miss viewing queries posted say..3 or 4 days past. Subscribing to a thread that goes cold is a dead end.

The option "Who's Online"? .. Does anyone really use this? They are either online or not. A quick look at the circle beside a member's name is sufficient. :)

PS: Probably going to lose a Green square... or sent to detention when the Boss reads this.

Brian_UK
14-12-2015, 03:30 PM
www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk (http://www.ukbusinessforums.co.uk)

It’s pleasing to look at and more importantly easy to navigate through.Yes, a good looking website and it shows what being a commercial enterprise can do when you need to generate income.

WebRam
14-12-2015, 08:29 PM
I am looking into this but would need to stick with the VB software as this site would be far too big to port over.

nike123
24-12-2015, 07:17 PM
I suggest that somehow this site recognise automatically if I am using smart phone or laptop version of browser and adjust its style accordingly.
I found that I can change style to better suit to mobile browsers today after who-knows-how- long that option is available!

Today, lot of people use smart phones as their only or main way of browsing.

Also, I suggest that Taptalk application should be used as another way to get to the forum!

https://tapatalk.com/start-here.php

https://tapatalk.com/download_vBulletin.php

gesi
29-12-2015, 06:47 PM
Hi everybody,
I'm waiting for online shop with for example T-shirts, longshelves (and others) with RE logo, refrigeration symbols. Many years ago in this web site was a shop. I think that it will be good for us.
regards
GT