PDA

View Full Version : Costan FAB 7232

CONROD
18-11-2015, 02:25 PM
Hi folks - I need to select a condensing unit for a 3m Costan FAB 7232 dairy case. There is no available information on the currently installed condensing unit or the compressor (all labels have been removed) - any ideas on the case load or how to select the unit required??
Regards to all..

chemi-cool
18-11-2015, 06:52 PM
Size of condenser and TXV capacity will help you.
Refrigerant type is written on top of the TXV.

al
19-11-2015, 07:08 PM
very hard at times to get basic info, any idea how old this cabinet is?

chemi-cool
19-11-2015, 08:09 PM
try here:
http://www.costan.com/

Mozambezi
24-11-2015, 11:18 PM
I was laughing. You are right...OR orifice size OR size of Compressor will give you cooling load and gas.
Here is no need to hunt down Costan. Just switch brains on.

Size of condenser and TXV capacity will help you.
Refrigerant type is written on top of the TXV.

CONROD
25-11-2015, 10:49 PM
I guesstimated at 4000w@-5 evaporating based upon cabinet display volume, using current data supplied by other manufacturers websites. I also emailed Costan directly who did come up with the cabinet installation manual and data sheet from 1989! Cooling load is 3800-4500watts dependant on required case temperature. The reason for the question was that I went to a service call with a cabinet running continually, not acheiving temperature, the condensing unit has been butchered and has had a small footprint compressor fitted that was clearly too small and not original item, the display temp air off was reading +3, but upon checking found to be +10! Whoever fitted the compressor also put a -6 degree offset on the eliwell controller. I have advised the customer that a new unit is required.
Thanks for the replies...