PDA

View Full Version : To do

charlie patt
09-11-2015, 06:37 PM
Is they any firms looking to do some fairly decent jobs in Cornwall devon now till February, somehow managed to get three fairly decent installs two in Cornwall one in devon four decent size cool rooms 2x vrf installs one in Cornwall one in Devon have taken deposits and I have a feeling they are all landing together we can cope with two of jobs but if three land together well will be a issue any interest guys hopefully I have not broke any rules sorry if I have email me if interested charlie@keepitcoolsouthwest.co.uk many thanks

pete114
10-11-2015, 06:15 PM
Are you looking for a company to offer you labour on a day rate or fixed fee?

charlie patt
10-11-2015, 06:30 PM
Either I'm stretched

pete114
10-11-2015, 10:53 PM
I will check with the office, what start date are you looking at roughly?

eggs
10-11-2015, 11:39 PM
Charlie

Just a word of warning....I have recently employed some untried and untested subbies (no one from on here by the way) on a job for a local council. Daikin 3 pipe, dead simple.. I HAVE NEVER, EVER IN MY LIFE l!! Seen such a discraceful installation.
Rest assured,the main contractor or client are not using us again. If I had my time again I would have politely turned down the work for the time being as I had no labour available. I'm sure they would have understood and used someone else or postponed the project until we were available.

Cheers

Eggs

Grizzly
11-11-2015, 06:02 AM
Very wise words eggs,
It takes a brave Man to turn down work.
But as you say being over accommodating can lead to all sorts of complications.
bet your customers like you all the more for it though?
Grizzly

chemi-cool
11-11-2015, 04:57 PM
Charlie

Just a word of warning....I have recently employed some untried and untested subbies (no one from on here by the way) on a job for a local council. Daikin 3 pipe, dead simple.. I HAVE NEVER, EVER IN MY LIFE l!! Seen such a disgraceful installation.
Rest assured,the main contractor or client are not using us again. If I had my time again I would have politely turned down the work for the time being as I had no labour available. I'm sure they would have understood and used someone else or postponed the project until we were available.

Cheers

Eggs

Couldn't agree more!
That's why I don't ask for any help. I tell people who call and ask for work: Wait a while till I finish the current job or go on and look for someone else.

charlie patt
11-11-2015, 07:02 PM
I was after some extra assistance we would still have staff on site running it just some extra manpower really I would not consider letting others at jobs I have worked hard to get to sea it screwed up I have had a offer from a engineer that's helped me before so all In hand now thanks anyway ta Charlie

pete114
11-11-2015, 08:15 PM
Who were the subbies you used? name and shame!

Grizzly
11-11-2015, 09:36 PM
Who were the subbies you used? name and shame!

Naming and shaming is Not allowed on the forum Pete.
Some guys who are more subtle sometimes get their gripe / issue across.

But if we all bitch or vent our anger at an injustice or beef we have on the forum. Then the forum is ruined for all!
Charlie is stretching "Technically" the rules by touting for Engineers.
But to be fair to him, he has and does give a lot to the forum, So in my humble opinion.
He has been allowed to "put a shout out!"
If anyone is serious about finding out more with regard to a particular post. PM them.
Or in your case Pete. (Less than 15 posts.) Ask online, for the originator of the post to Send you a PM link.
That way you can speak off the main forum.
But please don't start mud slinging.
I believe Eggs in his original assessment of a particular Individuals skills.
But He realises Here is not the place to go further.
I hope you are not offended pete114.
Just trying to explain why your suggestion is a bad Idea.
Grizzly

eggs
11-11-2015, 10:04 PM
To technically stretch things a bit more.....Charlie once did a brilliant job for me after being recommended by another forum member (hi Richard B) who also helped me out on a job and we worked for in return....it's brilliant when we all work together for the good of the industry.
As Grizz says, if you have a valid reason for wanting to know, ask off forum.

Cheers

Eggs

Grizzly
12-11-2015, 05:58 AM
Your words say it all really eggs!
Or to put it another way, Mutually beneficial!
Grizzly